Management Top 5 Jobs
- Wealth Manager West
- Relationship Manager
- Manager Business Banking
- People Director
- Digital Marketing Manager
Manager Business Banking
The Manager, Business Banking is responsible for managing a portfolio of up to 100 business banking customers by meeting their total personal and business banking needs (clients typically defined as having commercial credit needs up to USD$250,000).
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Purpose of the Role:
The portfolio primarily contains business banking customers whose business needs are increasingly complex and referral of customers to this level of manager is triggered by the business needs, not by the complexity of the personal needs. The Manager is responsible for sales and service of the business banking offering to business banking customers and develops an intimate knowledge of all customers in the assigned client portfolio, coordinates all aspects of the client relationship, and provides a high quality of customer service and satisfaction. The incumbent is responsible for the credit quality of the assigned client portfolio, recommending and providing sound credit solution advice around the Bank’s existing products and services, and reviewing credit requests to ensure compliance with the Bank’s credit quality standards. The incumbent will make marketing / service visits to existing and new customers and is responsible for the overall customer experience providing contact (face to face, telephone and postal) with customers in order to satisfy their needs. The Manager will also proactively develop referral links to the community and participate in customer seminars and sales presentations. The Manager is a part of the branch team and works with the branch manager and branch staff to meet appropriate sales, service and activity targets. The Manager manages client portfolios that are smaller in scale and complexity than that of a Manager, Business Banking at the higher grade.
Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships in order to understand the business banking customers’ needs and objectives by:
- Managing a portfolio of business banking customers using relationship sales management skills and techniques to meet both personal and business banking needs (integrated offer).
- Managing a business banking integrated loan portfolio up to USD $10 million in total value.
- Responsible for all aspects of portfolio management, revenue growth, and credit quality.
- Continually mining assigned portfolio, conducting thorough needs assessments and identifying business opportunities, potential client issues and risks.
- Providing a consultancy based approach to customers, involving relationship team members as needed - partners with other team members across the Bank to provide consultancy to the customer, e.g. trade finance, foreign exchange, finance, cash management.
- Sourcing and originating new clients and fostering high quality business opportunities with existing clients through proactive ideas generation and selling. Negotiating and achieving customer retention and growth targets annually.
Provides financial solutions to meet the needs of business banking customers by:
- Promoting and selling a full range of business banking products and services. Promoting and selling a full range of personal banking products and services which include deposit, personal products, and loans and mortgage products / services.
- Understanding the financial needs of the customer and matching product offerings to the needs of the business or individual (solution selling).
- Reassessing customer needs and progressing on an on-going basis.
- Working with key product support partners, including insurance / foreign exchange and derivatives sales / cash management & trade finance in delivering the right client solutions.
- Providing proactive relationship management and deepening client relationships through in-depth reviews of the clients’ business, financing and relationship requirements.
Improves the client experience by:
- Proactively communicating advice to customers to keep them informed and to confirm needs.
- Taking action and following-up on customer needs, problems, or issues.
- Completing necessary documentation and ensuring the proper disclosure of terms and fees is provided.
- Proactively contacting potential and existing customers for new sales and cross sales.
- Developing and delivering targeted financing solutions for clients, balancing the needs of the client’s business and the Bank’s credit and risk standards / policies.
Leads business development activities through active involvement in the business community by:
- Executing the portfolio business plan to grow the portfolio through the consolidation and retention of existing business and by obtaining new business from potential customers.
- Performing proactive business development activities that include an active client call and visit programme with visible community involvement.
- Executing against a strong contact management plan.
- Proactively soliciting new business opportunities through internal and external networks.
- Prospecting and interviewing potential clients to determine their long term business and personal goals and needs.
- Keeping up-to-date on major economic and business events in the market in order to identify and discuss the impacts on business banking customers.
- Participating in speaking engagements and seminars to generate sales and awareness of CIBC FirstCaribbean products and services.
Establishes and maintains effective partnerships and teamwork with business banking colleagues and partners to deliver the best solutions to the customer by:
- Supporting the development of other sales personnel which may include other business banking officers through mentoring training and peer coaching where applicable.
- Utilising appropriate opportunity management techniques to increase the profitability of the portfolio and minimise risks.
- Monitoring the overall portfolio, reviewing progress against performance plans and targets.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with CIBC FirstCaribbean specialist groups, e.g. cash management and trade finance; foreign exchange & derivatives sales; insurance, etc.
- Educating supporting team members (where applicable) about clients’ businesses, key needs and requirements on an ongoing basis. Ensuring clients are referred to appropriate team members for service needs, questions and providing solutions.
Continuously updates knowledge and skills in order to meet client needs and interaction preferences by:
- Identifying personal knowledge and skill gaps, and preparing and implementing a personal development plan.
- Maintaining and updating specialised knowledge in business banking.
- Keeping up-to-date with current events, overall economic and financial environment, trends, and product selling techniques, etc.
- Keeping current with specific industry knowledge.
Critical Knowledge Required:
- Working knowledge of the small business banking industry and the needs of small business clients, current events, business affairs, trends in the marketplace, and the environment in which business is transacted locally.
- Developed knowledge of deposit, convenience, investment, credit products / services sufficient to sell and deliver the full range of personal products.
- Developed knowledge of the small business sector and its importance to the economy and the needs of various small business segments.
- Developed knowledge of the small business lifecycle, small business planning and financial statement analysis.
Critical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of and experience in credit assessment and have knowledge of CIBC FCIB credit policies and procedures as well as credit risk awareness.
- Developed interactive / presentation skills sufficient to communicate detailed factual and conceptual information/ideas to customers with sophisticated needs either on an individual basis or in a seminar format.
- Good selling, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Credit risk analysis skills.
- Developed influencing / interviewing skills sufficient to build customer profiles for small business customers to proactively promote/up sell and cross-sell products / services to customers in a highly competitive market, to negotiate on the Bank’s behalf and convince others of the preferred options or alternatives.
- Time spent in a sales capacity, preferably previous personal and business banking experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience dealing with and servicing small business clients.
- CSI Business Banking Accreditation desired or in process of completing.
Position reports to: Branch Manager
Function: Retail and Business Banking
Salary range: In accordance with appropriate salary schedule
- Barbados, Saint Michael
- CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank
- Full Time
- Two (2) or more years
- Early Career
- In relevant field
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurances
- Direct Employer