Management Top 5 Jobs
Associate Director Client & Employee Engagement (FC9)
CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank is seeking tor recruit an Associate Director, Client & Employee Engagement (FC9).
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Purpose of the Role:
The Associate Director, Client and Employee Engagement is responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of a comprehensive engagement strategy that incorporates both client and employee engagement and supports the embedding of CIBC First Caribbean’s corporate culture. The Associate Director will lead and oversee the development and successful implementation of strategies and programmes that will drive measurable improvements in exceptional client service delivery and thereby continually drive the profitability and effectiveness of the Bank. The incumbent will also lead on employee engagement and will be directly responsible for the design and successful delivery of an employee engagement strategy and resulting initiatives. This will include the incumbent developing a management-led engagement and communication strategy that influences and engages the Bank’s employees, across the Banks’s multiple businesses and geographies, and creates better alignment with the overall organisation, with the client at the centre. The Associate Director will be required to frequently interact with the senior leaders and provide subject matter expertise on, culture, client engagement and employee engagement.
- Leads the development and execution of client and employee engagement strategies across the region which will include overseeing the design and development, refinement, execution, communication, training and post implementation activities, including benefits realisation. Responsible for the provision of subject matter expertise in relation to client and employee engagement initiatives.
- Provides oversight for the successful implementation and ongoing embedding of the client service standards across the Bank’s entire portfolio. Provides direction, support and input during project planning phases; supports the implementation phase and monitors the success of the implementation and benefits realisation through analysis of client metrics such as C-Voice.
- Leads, develops and motivates the team in the achievement of strategic, business and financial plans. Continually builds team and individuals’ capabilities to ensure employees are capable of performing to job requirement standards. Manages performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, emphasising employee strengths, and clarifying performance expectations.
- Oversees communication programmes and the development of innovative approaches to research, collaboration and customer & employee satisfaction measurements that create improved value for the Bank and enhance experiences for customers and employees. Responsible for:
- Planning and providing leadership for the implementation of integrated customer engagement and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of customers and communities.
- In collaboration with the Communications team supports the development and deploying of customer ‘messaging’ that endorses and clearly defines the Bank’s customer value propositions, and supports the Bank’s brand.
- Communication / reinforcement of service expectations across the Bank, including recognition strategies. Continuously showcasing examples of excellence / doing it well (employee delivering excellent customer service / exceeding customer expectations / going the extra mile / delighting customers).
- Leads the team, in looking for ways to modernise and improve the current client and employee feedback mechanisms - C-Voice and E-Voice. As a subject matter expert, will lead the team to research market trends and use these insights to drive improvements to FirstCaribbean’s feedback mechanisms.
- Leads and partners with business partners to develop and implement a company-wide approach to creating and maintaining a highly engaged and productive workforce.
- Accountable for the continuous improvement / ideas function in the organisation primarily through the management of the Ideas Programme which engages, enables and empowers employees to continuously improve and innovate to enhance the client experience and accelerate profitable revenue growth. Facilitates the prioritisation of short-term improvements, ensuring alignment with the long-term strategic vision / roadmap.
- Oversight and responsibility for the development of the programmes and processes that ensure effective complaint resolution and customer feedback. Ensuring the management of the Bank’s customer complaints tool is optimised, identifying “hot spots” and ensuring the team are working with segment heads to identify and implement long term solutions / elimination of ‘hot spots’.
- Looks for opportunities to enhance the Bank’s culture which will include, but is not limited to, ensuring all training programmes, recruitment processes; performance management processes have culture embedded within them; and is a physical and visible role model and champion of corporate culture.
Critical Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Developed knowledge of the business and the ability to communicate clearly emerging issues and proposed solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services is desirable.
- Market research / intelligence principles and the practical application of these across the region.
- Generating and using of customer / performance metrics.
- Regional demographic and socio-economic conditions / trends.
- Knowledge of regional research houses and sources of data. Able to leverage this knowledge and tap into external suppliers and data sources to get required information.
- Familiarity with a complex matrix operating environment and the challenge of market differentiation in a largely homogeneous, mature market across the region – each with their own ‘culture’.
- Collaborate with key business constituents and leaders to align and gain buy-in to business strategies.
- Influencing skills sufficient to shape decision-making process on matters such as strategy.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to direct reports and others that do not directly report to position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (at least 5 year’s) progressive responsibility leading successful teams, customer service / experience, employee engagement and business experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performance teams / proven success in leading people.
- Experience in leading and promoting change, including change of a cultural perspective / engagement would be an asset.
- Exhibits an understanding of all-relevant markets and competitors, anticipates changes and developments, and makes the right trade-offs to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Experience in the financial industry desirable.
- Experience in market, customer and employee research.
Position reports to: Director, Marketing, Culture, Engagement & Communications
Function: Chief Administrative Office
Salary range: In accordance with appropriate salary schedule
- Barbados, Saint Michael
- CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank
- Full Time
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least Five (5) years
- Mid Career
- In relevant field
- Directors, Chief Executives and Board Members
- Direct Employer