Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Wealth Management team in the capacity of: Wealth Manager - Hope Road
The selected candidate will Provide portfolio management and advisory services to High Net Worth (HNW) and large Corporate clientele, achieve set goals and targets for growth of client base and portfolio value.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise HNW clients & manage portfolios on a non-discretionary and discretionary basis. Identify investment opportunities, evaluate and analyze the risk and returns and ensure a minimum rate of return in accordance with agreements for discretionary portfolio management.
- Grow and deepen those relationships through cross-selling and up-selling.
- Prepare portfolio reports and analysis and conduct periodic reviews with clients.
- Develop & implement strategies to target new HNW clients including presentations, cold calling, networking, visits or through an introductory basis established by the Marketing Department or any other means.
- Ensure Customer Service is delivered at the highest standards in adherence with guidelines set.
- Primarily responsible for all client liaison with the Group.
- Be the point person for all investing, banking, credit and insurance needs and liaise with resources from the various areas as needed.
- Advise potential investors of the company’s products and services, negotiate portfolio strategies and investment terms.
- Manage resolution of client issues and escalate as necessary
- Initiate relevant documentation for opening accounts and on-boarding new clients in accordance with the company’s guidelines. Follow procedures in accordance with company’s Risk and Compliance guidelines
- Participate in various client events and marketing promotions in the Region
- Conduct presentations to prospective clients and groups
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures with regards to carrying out client transactions.
- Monitor and ensure clearance of the client’s settlement accounts within stipulated time frames.
- Ensure the physical surroundings of office are maintained in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
- Jamaican Securities Certificate
- Certificate and/or additional training in Sales and Portfolio Management.
- Sound understanding of financial sector instruments and the regulatory environment
- Sound understanding of credit
- Strong selling & negotiating skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to understand and deal with HNW customers’ individual needs and requirements
- High level of professionalism and ethical standards
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than October 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted