The successful candidate will be expected to direct and control all functions of the Warehouse Department in collaboration with other relevant departments to ensure that inventory management needs are met, and productivity targets are achieved.
• Oversee and coordinate all warehousing activities related to the management of raw materials, aged rum stock, and storage of bulk rum and bottled finished product.
• Prepare blends for bottling, aging, and shipping.
• Liaise with the Customs and Excise Department and other government regulatory agencies; transportation firms and customs brokers to arrange customer shipments.
• Ensure adherence to all food safety and security, hygiene, and health and safety standards and procedures.
• Play an active role in fostering a culture of excellence to boost effective employee engagement through appropriate recruiting, training and development, team building and performance monitoring and assessment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
• A minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent preferably in Inventory Management or Operations/Production Management.
• A minimum of three (3) years supervisory/management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge and experience with Food Safety Management systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Solomon and inventory management databases would be an asset.
• Knowledge of the Barbados Customs and Excise Act would be an asset.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills (including via online platforms) at all levels of the organisation and with clients.
• Sound supervisory, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to motivate staff and meet deadlines and/or targets in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness and ability to operate production machinery.
• Ability to be flexible (i.e. work on weekends, holidays or overtime in a 24-hour shift scheduling environment).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A comprehensive renumeration and attractive benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Written applications together with an updated curriculum vitae should be submitted by July 06th, 2020.