The Foundation for the promotion of secondary education on St. Eustatius manages the Gwendoline van Putten school. This school is the only secondary school on St. Eustatius and one of the three secondary schools in the Caribbean Netherlands. The school has approximately 250 students and offers practical, general secondary and vocational education in the English language, according to the CXC system.
From 1 January 2021 or earlier we are looking for a:Vice-principal with teaching duties (1,0 fte)
• supports the principal in developing policy with regard to improving and safeguarding the quality of education and organizes its implementation
• advises the director on general policy matters such as: finances, personnel, quality assurance and communication
• has contact with parents and stakeholders
• coordinates and directs the work of teachers in a coaching manner
• has teaching duties
• in-depth and broad theoretical knowledge of developments in education. Knowledge of CXC is a plus
• experienced and demonstrably successful teacher and manager in secondary education
• strong sense of planning and organization, strong analytical skills and a clear judgment
• can communicate clearly and openly
The appointment is for a period oft year with a possibility of extension or permanent appointment.
Salary is in accordance with the salary scales of the Caribbean Netherlands, taking into account education, qualifications and experience.
Apply before 9 November 2020