The selected candidate will provide operational support to the Chief Financial Officer in managing the Finance Division; manage the accounting and financial reporting for Sagicor Life of the Cayman Islands, Sagicor Property Services Limited, the Segregated Funds and Pension Funds. Manage the Banking and Investment Accounting functions (namely the accounting and reporting on the company’s investment portfolio of securities, mortgages and real estates, and preparation of bank reconciliations).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain audit clearance for financial statements of; Sagicor Life Jamaica, Pooled Pension Funds and SFC Consol Pack, Sagicor Property Services, Property audits, Sagicor Life of the Cayman Islands, SLJ Segregated Funds and Self-Directed Pension Funds.
- Provide Chief Financial Officer with monthly draft financials for Sagicor Property Services, Sagicor Life of the Cayman Islands, and Segregated Funds, PIF, Self-directed Funds and investment analyses for Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited and Sagicor Life of the Cayman Islands.
- Review and sign-off on reconciliations for the department. Ensure reconciliation matrix is updated timely, output analyzed and appropriate corrective action effected.
- Manage internal control/risks in areas assigned, namely in relation to external & internal audit reviews, Protivity/ERM reporting and performance/profile of investment portfolio within regulatory and corporate policy framework.
- Manage the submission of regulatory and budgetary reports relating to investments and the department within the required time.
- Manage projects towards increasing the efficiency of process work-flows and reporting within the department (such as implementing Daily NAVs and electronic data capture, storage and retrieval of bank reconciliations).
- Actively participate in initiatives to raise staff satisfaction by: Performing mentoring & training, Promote staff recognition strategies; Conduct regular meeting; Clear staff issues in a timely manner; Implement performance-based management approach within Finance.
- Ensure compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Policy consistent with the established standards.
- Provide operational support to the Chief Financial Officer in the management of the Finance deliverables.
- Manage the department’s operational budget within approved limits.
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution
- Professional Accounting Accreditation (e.g. ACCA)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience at the managerial level with more than five (5) years’ post qualification experience.
- In depth knowledge of Life Insurance accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and related Auditing Standards
- Familiarity with various computerised accounting systems
- Strong knowledge of PC productivity applications, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Proven managerial and administrative ability
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than May 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.