Qualifications and Experience
- Academic experience at the Professorial level.
- Ph.D. in Gender & Development Studies or a related discipline
- At least 8 years’ experience in University Administration, organizational leadership, budget management and forecasting
- Proven experience in graduate teaching, supervision and research in Gender and Development Studies or related field at the tertiary level
- Strong academic background evidenced by an extensive publication record in the field.
- Developing and managing funding proposals/projects and liaising with stakeholders and partners
- Supervising staff in the Regional Coordinating Unit
- Oversight responsibilities of the Campus-Based Units (Cave Hill/Neita Barrow Unit, Mona, St Augustine)
- Maintaining a relationship with the Open Campus
- Providing leadership in relation to the mandate, strategic and operational plans of the IGDS and in keeping with the main pillars of the UWI Strategic Plan at both the level of the Campus Units as well as the regional level
- Liaising with the campus Units of the IGDS as well as relevant University Boards and Committees and discipline-based teaching and research entities to promote the further development of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teaching and research activities that address the full spectrum of issues that relate to the thematic focus of the Institute
- Managing and developing staff appointed at various levels of the organisation
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration with and the provision of technical and advisory services of external stakeholders at national, regional and international levels and so provide an interface between the UWI and these entities.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to maintain the culture of teamwork in the IGDS and the capacity to motivate and inspire others in an inter and multidisciplinary environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A good command of English
- A student-centred approach to education.
Deadline for applications is April 30, 2021