Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Client Application Support System team in the capacity of: Trainee Business Analyst
The selected candidate will provide the business units with the support necessary to facilitate improved business practices through the use of technology. Ensure that application systems’ documentation meets established standards for accuracy, completeness, clarity and format, and that they reflect the status of each system and is distributed to designated recipients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with technical personnel to ensure that requested changes according to user needs are understood and are in line with good business practices: Liaise with the model office to ensure the development of comprehensive test plans;
- Guide and coordinate the development and implementation of systems documentation by project teams comprised of technical and non-technical personnel;
- Review draft documentation for conformance with established standards and where necessary, recommend changes;
- Coordinate distribution to ensure that all authorized holders of application systems’ documentation are furnished with up-to-date copies.
- Continuously review current business practices against computerized systems’ procedures to ensure that a ‘best fit’ solution is realized; Recommend documentation standards and requirements for all application systems, including User, Technical, Systems and Computer Operations.
- Review existing documentation and take appropriate action to update or rewrite when necessary.
- Assist with the development and implementation of user-training: Develop any presentation material required, including charts, transparencies and other graphic displays. Fulfill reporting requirements concerning assigned duties, including progress reports on special projects and problems experienced.
- Maintain a library of systems’ documentation and a list of authorized holders of distributed copies.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management, or an equivalent qualification, from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in Insurance Administration, one (1) year of which must be in the preparation of systems’ documentation and user training
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills, software skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Productivity Suite), and the ability to conduct research and make data-driven decisions
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than November 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be considered.