To assist with the planning and preparation of equipment and related teaching and learning aids as designated by Academic Head.
- Sets up equipment and other required materials for practical exercises.
- Instructs and/or demonstrates re: workshop/laboratory exercises.
- Prepares workshop/laboratory specimen.
- Performs minor maintenance on instructional equipment.
- Sources equipment and related materials (chemicals, solutions etc.) from various suppliers.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment and related materials in area of responsibility.
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance and support to students.
- Provides reports and feedback to instructor/professor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced Technician Diploma/ Associate Degree (Undergraduate) or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience
- Understanding of renewable energy systems would be considered an asset
- Sound knowledge of the area of instruction being demonstrated
- Sound knowledge of relevant software, hardware and lab equipment to be used in exercises
- Ability to instruct
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate