Purpose of Role:
• To lead, motivate and develop a team of operators to ensure high levels of telephony skills, interviewing and customer service skills are maintained.
1. Supervises subordinate staff which includes:
Delegating and scheduling the work of others.
Scheduling vacations for staff taking cognisance of overall staff configuration in the Centre, in conjunction with Manager
Reviewing work of subordinates for accuracy.
Counselling subordinate staff on personal/career related issues, including possible career paths.
Identifying, intervening and mediating conflicts between subordinate staff.
Administering Performance Management program for subordinates.
Administering disciplinary measures, in consultation with Manager.Ensuring that Service Level Agreements are adhered to. Sharing the “learning experience” with members of the wider team
2. Ensure that the team is staffed by capable and well-trained individuals who are working toward documented and communicated performance goals/Service Level Agreements
- Identifies training needs of staff to ensure all staff can perform job duties competently and to ensure adequate cross training to cover absences.
- Recommends formal courses for staff, where appropriate.
- Assist in the hiring process of new staff as necessary.
3. Where applicable, assists with the development of the department business plan/budget.
4. Identifies opportunities for increasing efficiency and make recommendations to Manager where appropriate.
- Review workflow, determining corrective action and where necessary making recommendation to Manager for process change
- Respond to suggestions/recommendations of subordinates when an opportunity has been identified.
- Take corrective action to improve efficiency within scope of authority, such as amending procedures, purchasing equipment, etc. with due respect to budget.
- Seeks appropriate authority for necessary, corrective action outside scope of authority.
5. Ensures effective implementation and communication of Bank initiatives, strategic direction, etc. as they relate to area of responsibility and the client base served.
- Reviews circulars to keep current on policies and initiatives and communicates relevant items to staff.
- Assesses new services, systems and programs developed by the Bank to make recommendations as to suitability for department/area.
- Implements and assists in co-ordinating organizational changes.
6. Customer Service.
- Formally and informally discusses banking needs of customers (internal and external).
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Reviews areas of recurring complaint to seek more permanent solutions.
- Ensures that Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
7. Ensures Manager, Customer Service Centre is kept advised of performance in the department.
- Represents department in meetings of unit management communicating efficiency improvements, changes in procedure, service quality and planning issues, etc. that may affect other areas of the Organisation.
- Keeps informed as to changes in other areas of the organisation that affect areas of responsibility/department and make recommendations where necessary.
- Responds to changes affecting department by adapting to changes, advising department management of adverse implications, etc. as appropriate.
- Understand FirstCaribbean offerings in terms of sales and service model across all segments
- Knowledge of service delivery across all customer segments
- Knowledge of FirstCaribbean processes, policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and staff
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Customer focused and a good people person with a concern for excellence and results
- Self-motivating and the ability to manage/operate without close supervision.
- Use of work measurement techniques
- Ability to meet customer needs by developing high performing teams
- Knowledge of the Bank's core operating system; ICBS and any other related applications (training will be provided where required)
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Business awareness, results focused and adaptable
- Knowledge of the Bank's bookkeeping and back office procedures
- Use of work measurement techniques
- Minimum of seven (7) years banking experience working both in customer facing roles as well as in Operations
- Exposure to general banking procedure and processes
- Experience in customer relations by handling queries, resolving complaints and providing information
- Three (3) years supervisory experience
- Previous experience dealing with customer complaints
- Previous Call Centre experience would be an asset
Key Issues in the First 12/24 months:
- Ensure that a strong service and sales culture is imbedded in the team
- Increased usage of the Centre by ensuring that service to customers, including call answering is of a consistently high level.
Expires date: 02 apr 2020