Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals to resource the position of Team Leader - Engineering Services, Facilities Management, Facilities Management and Protective Services Division. Reporting to the Head, Facilities Management Department the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervising a team of engineers and maintenance technicians and providing them with hands on coaching support, to ensure adherence to the technical and professional standards involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of the engineering systems.
- Supervising the Engineers, and technicians assigned to the Section and ensuring the continuous development of their technical and professional competences by the identification and communication of their learning needs.
- Facilitating and supporting technicians in the application of new knowledge, skills and competences in their response to the technical challenges of their assignments.
- Assisting the Head of Department in defining the strategic goals of the department, establishing, standards of operational performance.
- Ensuring the efficient execution of the work of the unit through effective work planning, scheduling, leadership, supervision development and deployment of staff.
- Contributing to the development execution and evaluation of an annual programme of planned maintenance programme for the department.
- Conducting relevant studies, analyzing current electrical and mechanical systems, projecting future requirements and recommending capital improvement projects where necessary.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the relevant areas of engineering and advising the Head, Facilities Management of improvements in technology, systems and processes which have the potential to improve efficiency, enhance performance and reduce the cost of operation.
- Contributing to short-term and long-term infrastructure planning.
- Providing hands-on Leadership and support to the engineering services team to ensure that identified issues during maintenance or system failures are efficiently and effectively management and controlled.
- Contributing to the procurement process for goods and services as required by the department and in accordance with government’s guidelines.
- Assisting the Head of Department with managing the selection and supervision of external contractors to ensure adherence to the agreed contractual parameters and the standards of the Bank.
- Ensuring that the highest health, safety, environmental and good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times, particularly during the execution of work by external contractors.
- Assisting in managing the Energy Management efforts of the Bank inclusive but not limited to audits, retrofitting, designing and implementation.
- Preparing timely submission and monitoring of the annual engineering services budget in keeping with agreed budgetary parameters and consistent with government's procurement procedures.
- Keeping the Head of Department abreast of the status of all major engineering capital and maintenance projects through the timely preparation of analytical reports and submissions.
- Contributing to defining the scope, and managing the development and design of improvement and maintenance projects, through the collection and analysis of background data and identification of the design implications and challenges.
- Assisting the Head of Department in the review of policies or procedures within the department and the formulation of new and improved procedures where necessary.
- Managing the Engineering Module of the Facilities Management Systems (FMS).
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with five (5) years industry experience in a large institution plus supervisory/management training.
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with seven (7) years’ industry experience in addition to supervisory/management training
- Licensed as an Engineer
- Experience in Government Procurement Policies
- Certification in Project Management would be an asset
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The Job Holder should possess:
- Ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and analyze engineering systems
- Ability to perform data analysis, interpret and prepare technical reports
- Good knowledge of job-specific software Facilities Management System
- Strong mathematical, statistical, logical, interrogative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Project Management software
- Proficiency in using drawing-aid software such as AutoCAD
- Proficiency in technical computing
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
The Job Holder:
- Works in a modern office environment, however a significant amount of walking is required to carry out some operations and to conduct inspections.
- Is required to work outside of normal working hours.
- Is exposed to fumes and other unpleasant and potentially hazardous conditions.
- Travels to external properties.
- Is occasionally exposed to unpleasant conditions such as dust and fumes
- The incumbent needs to be accessible on a 24-hour basis.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should complete the application form with cover letter and full resume no later than Wednesday, 01 February 2023. NB. Only short-listed candidates will be able to access the panel interview.