Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of: Systems & OS Administrator.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring Sagicor’s ability to offer superior services to its clients by maintaining robust services, applications and jobs that integrate and operate optimally on the operating systems of the designated servers in the appropriate environments. Develops and maintains accurate inventory, documentation and records of assets configurations including server hardening capable of exceeding industry standard and rigid audit requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver an effective and efficient performance of Sagicor’s core-banking platform and other processes for branches and departments ensuring high-availability and on-time service.
- Successfully maintain Operating Systems in a manner that is compliant with established policies and KPIs
- Establish and maintain audible records of user access in an effort to identify and trap unauthorized system access.
- Establish gold baseline images for all systems in order to ensure consistency in server configuration and deployment
- Establish and maintain consistent connectivity and synchronization with Disaster Recovery and Cluster-base configured systems
- Develop standards and monitor the performance of processes required for optimal system performance.
- Manage SAN Storage and monitor system disk space, usage, system logs and message queues, active jobs and outputs, for normal and error message and to detect error codes and conditions
- Establish optimal service efficiencies matrix in relation to maintaining optimal operations
- Complete all assigned Help Desk tickets
- Provide Data Centre Operations Support
- Establish configuration principles that enhances process execution
- Effectively contribute to the DevOps thrust by providing tangible suggestions capable of advancing automation of outdated manual processes
- Establish processes geared towards ensuring consistency with
- Perform audit requests in a timely manner with positive feedback
- Maintain a high performing and positive working environment in accordance with established measurement matrices
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- Recent certification in Unix Administration for AIX and Linux
- Strong UNIX administration skills especially in AIX, and Red Hat Linux
- Script writing and automation
- Sound working knowledge and experience in client/server-based application
- Strong knowledge of the intricacies of the Unix operating systems and it’s functionality in a client/server environment
- DevOps fundamentals in ensuring automated processes are maintained optimally
- Ability to effectively assess, prioritize and execute tasks in a customer-centric always-available environment
- Effective problem resolution skills
- Sound human relations and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability function in a face-paced demanding agile environment
- In-depth ability to function in an environment without constant supervision and sequential task list
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application via this career portal no later than August 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.