Under the direction of the Director, Information and Technology, the Systems Analyst IV (Solutions Architect) is responsible for the development of the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems and technical requirements to ensure harmonization with the enterprise architectural plan. The Systems Analyst IV (Solutions Architect) is also responsible for reviewing the systems planning, design and code artifacts to ensure alignment with the business requirements. The Systems Analyst IV (Solutions Architect) provides guidance to the development team in the selection of methodologies to utilize throughout the systems development life cycle, and enforces compliance through monitoring and reporting
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited University.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading and/or managing application development efforts with at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated contributions to complex, high-traffic, performance-optimized applications.
- Minimum of five(5) years of working experience with MS SQL Server and other DBMS (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, OracleSQL)
STATIN –CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and environmental awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Proficient in the use of systems development tools, project management tools, and work flow tools
STATIN – SUPERVISORY COMPETENCIES
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time and project management skills.
- Ability to delegate work effectively in order to meet timelines
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Demonstrated effectiveness in enabling change
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing external relationships
In-depth knowledge of:-
- Systems Development Methodologies and Tools – including Traditional, Agile, RAD, UML and Prototyping
- Demonstrated fluency in development languages (e.g. Visual Basic, React, Go, C#, or Java)
- Knowledge of DBMS implementation approach and architecture, to meet read and write performance requirements
- Experience with API standards (code/docs – e.g. Swagger)
- Knowledgeable with functional testing and performance testing tools, e.g. Selenium, Ranorex, Visual Studio Load Test, etc.
- Experience in production debugging, root cause analysis and performance tuning, unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, and user acceptance testing
- Knowledge of message bus standards
- Knowledge of runtime platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
Summary of Duties
- Reviews, interprets and responds to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability.
- Provides input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and to maximize the return on technology investment.
- Defines and designs technology solutions within the agreed enterprise architecture, to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.
- Develops, tests and implements technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
- Ensures the availability of solutions design documentation for knowledge transfer and auditing purposes.
- Provides guidance and leadership to a team of Application Developers.
- Assists with the monitoring and review of the outputs and performance of the Application Developers assigned to the Division.
- Develops the specifications and designs for internally developed applications and systems.
- Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components.
- Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Defines readiness and implementation activities for new application deployments.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff, within a business change programme, to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Identifies system, infrastructure and project interdependencies and balances competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, August 5, 2020