JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
Supports the Applications Administrator in ensuring that the Student Information System is fully functional and provides first line technical support to all users of the system. Develops and presents routine and ad-hoc reports to meet the University’s business processing needs.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brings to the attention of the Applications Administrator, any inconsistencies or errors observed in the data contained in the application and recommends solutions to ensure that the problems are resolved appropriately and timely;
- Develops/Maintains data integration points between the SIS and other business applications
- Ensures that Academic Regulations and Policies are interpreted and applied correctly and precisely in respect of reports generated from the SIS;
- Ensures maintenance of user access to the SIS for staff and students across UTT Campuses;
- Assists in providing appropriate training and orientation of users on the SIS;
- Works with the Applications Administrator, in consulting with appropriate academic staff and recommending solutions to problems encountered in the implementation or operation of the SIS;
- Facilitates responses to all approved requests for information from the SIS
- Develops, maintains, documents and improves business processes as it pertains to the use of the SIS
- Keeps up to date on technology being used in the functional area represented;
- Undertakes project work and performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science;
- Certification in Database Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with Web Technologies (ASP. HTML, CSS, PHYTON)
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in the Registry Section of a tertiary education institution
- Significant training in the use of a specialized Student Information System (SIS) (Jenzabar EX would be an asset)
- Experience in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and Tableau.
- A suitable combination of qualifications and experience along with a track record of performance
COMPETENCIES / TRAITS:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to use initiative and independent judgment to achieve assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (Training and Presentation skills would be an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer/service orientation
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite of programs
- Extensive knowledge of the University’s policies, procedures and processes
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance