Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Centralized Business Support team in the capacity of: Supervisor – Clearings Unit
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading, monitoring, guiding and organizing the operations of the Clearings Unit ensuring adherence to the Clearings House rules as well as the internal Service Level Agreements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership/Oversight and Team Development; Monitor staff performance to ensure adherence to service quality standards as per established Service Level Agreements
- Resolve issues that affect the service delivery, efficiency and productivity of the unit
- Develops, manages and actions a personal development plan for each team member to ensure skills/knowledge/accreditations are up to date to meet position requirements.
- Apply Performance Management through regular reviews, on-going coaching discussions and completion of appraisals. Leads the team by providing guidance and counselling, motivating and building morale and effective communication
- Business Performance; Monitor work assignments to control/minimize overtime hours worked
- Recommend and support cost management initiatives
- Minimize write-offs from the processes assigned
- Ensure adherence to Anti-money laundering, fraud prevention and other applicable Policies and Procedures
- Ensure adherence to Unit’s and other related Bank’s Policies and Procedures
- Monitor to ensure that all relevant custodial practices are observed
- Internal Operations; Prepare schedules for staff shift rotations and staff assignments to ensure the smooth operations of the unit
- Oversee the capturing, matching and fine sorting process for all Inward Clearing Items
- Liaise with the Central Reconciliation and Validation units regarding missing, free and other clearing discrepancy items.
- Monitor the processing of all returned items to ensure that clients’ accounts are updated timely and correctly.
- Co-ordinate the processing of Foreign Exchange (FX) local clearings and FX cash letters for Correspondent Banks and Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) for USD cheques.
- Oversee the balancing process for Outward Clearing items and ensure that items received in the proof bags are dispatched correctly.
- Upload Inward Clearing Files to Client Services (IT) and Outward Clearing files to Automated Payments Limited (APL) within established deadlines
- Promptly update Treasury and Trade Services on FX and Local Clearing figures
- Submit Cheque Book orders to Orbis International
- Perform the requisite checks and balances prior to uploading Paycorp payroll files.
- Monitor the ordering of Cheque Books ensuring that the agreed SLA is met.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports within established deadlines
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking / Management Studies or a relevant discipline or an equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in the Banking Operations Unit of a commercial banking entity.
- High degree of accuracy and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Proceeds of Crimes Act (POCA)
- High degree of confidentiality and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative, Customer and Team Oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Word & Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- May involve work outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Involves large volumes of transactions requiring attention to detail and timely processing.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than June 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.