The GraceKennedy Group - Hi-Lo Food Stores seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes across the group, in the following capacity: Strategy Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Support the formulation and execution of the Strategy for Hi-Lo Food Stores, ensuring alignment with the overall GK Foods Domestic Strategy. Additionally, the Strategy Officer is responsible for ensuring that effective measuring and monitoring tools are instituted for each Hi-Lo department and store, towards the achievement of the agreed Strategic Objectives.
- Provide meaningful and timely analyses to management, in support of business performance. Analyses include but are not limited to Balance Scorecard reports, Income Statement variance analyses by store, forecasts and key expense analyses.
- Support the work of the GM in maximizing total financial returns from the operational activities of Hi-Lo Food Stores including new business venture projects.
- Promote overall efficiency of the operations at the store level.
- Lead the annual Strategic Planning Process by:
- Planning, creating collateral for and facilitating Strategic Retreats
- Creation of the Hi-Lo Food Stores Strategic Plan
- Support for the creation of individual Departmental Strategic Plans
- Perform analysis on Hi-Lo Food Stores’ business performance and provide monthly Balanced Scorecard reports on:
- Strategic Objectives
- Strategic Initiatives
- GKF&S Board of Directors, Hi-Lo Advisory and Executive Committees
- External Strategic Partnership
- Business Conference
- Financial Results
- Achievement of Strategic Objectives
- Produce reports and presentations as required, for the following:
- Conduct monthly validation of the following, for each department and store:
- Act as resource person on all process improvement initiatives
- Assist with the preparation of reports as required by the GM, Hi-Lo Food Stores, Jamaica for Business Conference, Executive/Board Retreats, Board/Executive Committee Meeting etc.
- Prepare Power Point presentations on behalf of the GM, Hi-Lo Food Stores
- Assist the GM, Hi-Lo Food Stores with strategic and operational analytical reviews from time to time
- Assist with coordinating the budget preparation exercise for Hi-Lo Food Stores and GK Foods Domestic
- Support the evaluation of long-term strategic investments, projects and business opportunities
- Assist with the implementation and project management of new business ventures and other initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate and make recommendations for optimizing the operational effectiveness of Hi-Lo Food Stores
- Maintain research facilities to ensure fast and effective access to key analytical data
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or professional equivalent (an asset)
- Two (2) years’ experience in any of the following: Strategy Maps, Balanced Scorecards, Business or Financial Analysis, Business Intelligence, Market Research or Project Management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly confidential
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and software applications for report preparation, presentation and communication, research, data gathering and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and on own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and techniques
- Ability to integrate complex information for effective analysis and decision making
- Experience in developing and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Ability to assist staff at all levels of the organization through understanding of strategic goals and outcomes and changing organizational priorities.
- Environment characterized by urgent and often conflicting deadlines, stressful decision making, multiple stakeholders, unpredictable and changing priorities, long working hours, possible international travel on short notice and of uncertain duration
- Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with one (1) hour lunchtime; however, the incumbent will sometimes be required to work beyond prescribed schedule and on weekends.
- Required to travel locally to execute duties
- In-door atmosphere, semi-private desk area
??Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than [[Nov.30.2022]]