Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals to resource the role of Strategic Business Analyst, Strategic Planning and Project Management Centre, Senior Deputy Governor's Office.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, Strategic Planning and Project Management Centre the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in cross-division functional teams and projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Leading the development of work units’ business requirements, stakeholder requirements, solution requirements and transition requirements that reflect business needs representing all stakeholders, and translate them into project components and system/ application requirements to help determine solutions to business problems.
- identifying potential operational inefficiencies and recommending possible changes that need to be made to project management processes: prioritization, project scoring, project templates.
- Conducting comprehensive reviews of business processes and procedures and identifying areas for optimization using business analysis tools and methodologies and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Identifying opportunities to integrate technology into business processes to improve the Bank’s efficiency and service delivery.
- Developing and documenting new process flows using appropriate visual aids such as process models, charts and tables.
- Liaising with the Information Services Department to document workflows and specifications in order to facilitate process automation.
- Leading/facilitating the testing and rollout of revised or new processes and procedures, and promoting user acceptance and feedback.
- Developing performance standards and measurement frameworks for new/revised work processes.
- Conducting quality assurance and follow up checks with users to ensure that the process delivers the required improvements.
- Analyzing and determining the applicability of ISO standards to the various work environments, conducting gap analyses of the processes and environment against the standards, driving the creation of action plans and recommending strategies based on results of gap analyses activities.
- Manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Creating reports, presentations and other deliverables including providing recommendations on findings to the Chief Strategy Officer and Project Owners.
- Representing the SPPM Centre on Bank committees as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Postgraduate degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Project Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
A minimum of three (3) years experience in business analysis, business process improvement, business process re-engineering, project management or a related area at a senior level.
Business methodology certification (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) would be an asset.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of BA methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in business process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of both business and technology within the project environment.
- Be a leader, communicator and professional.
- Understand the skills associated with internal consulting techniques.
- Be proficient in project management skills as well as complete understanding of the internal process.
- Understand and be able to navigate the Bank’s culture and structure.
- Be able to manage, without having authority, via negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects.
- Solutions oriented, systematic, and organized.
- Knowledge of the operations of central banks.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Modern working environment.
- Requires long hours at the computer.
Apply no later than Tuesday, 11 August 2020.