We are looking for a reliable and motivated SEN assistant who is interested in making a long-term commitment to EC2 and the island of Saba.
As SEN-assistant you work with students who qualify for Special Needs. You are able to support the students’ individual needs in the field of behavior, well-being, education and development and translate this into individual educational goals and plans under guidance of the teacher.
• Prepare individual activities for the children based on their talents and interests
• Follow developmental goals and the development plan for the students
• Help the teacher to develop projects and themes that stimulate the personal growth of the students
• Assist in preparing tailor-made activities based on the curriculum of life skills and social skills
• Give guidance to children with mixed special behavioral and developmental needs in the SEN classroom
• Teach social skills and cognitive skills in smaller groups or one-on-one with the students
• Apply positive strategies
• Help the teacher preparing activities and reflecting on the results
• Participate in meetings and evaluations
• Willing to study and implement the PEC system
• Relevant (Assistant) Teacher degree or Special Needs experience
• Preferably work experience with children with behavior and developmental issues
• Knowledgeable of the current student care system on Saba, or will comply with it shortly
• Willing to take workshops or study Special Needs
• Knowledge of modern technology and differentiation
• Eager and able to work in a multidisciplinary team and with different professionals
• Maintain regular contact with other teachers, parents and colleagues
• Create a safe and positive learning environment for children
• Fluent in English and preferably also some command of Dutch and Spanish
• Able to monitor and report on progress verbally and in writing
Candidates are asked to submit applications before April 19th, 2021. We are particularly interested in your motivation and experience.