The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following full-time position with effect from August 24, 2020: Sociology, History and Caribbean Studies Lecturer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in History and/or Sociology or a related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- A Master’s Degree in History and/or Sociology or a related field from a recognized tertiary institution would be considered an asset
- Certification in Teacher Education would be considered an asset
- Successful experience in teaching tertiary level History or Sociology courses would be considered an asset.
- Foster and encourage intellectual curiosity
- Produce course outlines and teaching materials designed to sustain students’ interest
- Deliver CAPE Sociology, History and Caribbean Studies course content
- Guide students’ preparation of School Based Assessments (SBAs) and marks completed SBAs
- Set, mark and invigilate course work and exams
- Monitor students’ progress and academic development
- Enter attendance and grades in the Student Information System
Applications from Qualified Applicants Should Include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Police Record
- Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
- Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 18, 2020. Late applications will not be acknowledged.