Reporting the to the Manager, Group IT Projects, the Senior Systems Business Analyst (Sr. BA) will be tasked with working with business stakeholders to manage projects that review, analyze, and evaluate business users needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies. Additionally, the Sr. BA is required to define scope and objectives, document system requirements, create system specifications and manage the software quality assurance process that drive software system development and implementation. The Sr. BA, who will manage a team of Junior Systems Business Analyst, will function as a liaison between IT and users and have both business and technical expertise.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and the IT teams on projects.
- Work with business units to conduct detailed user requirements analysis to identify challenges and opportunities, in order to optimize business processes through automation.
- Document and present requirements analysis findings to business units.
- Assist business units to prioritize business requirements.
- Create Business Requirement Specification (BRS) to support the planned improvement.
- Identify solutions and approach to address business objectives/challenges.
- Assist the Software Engineering team to create Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Creation and maintenance of Systems’ project schedule for assigned projects
- Proactively identify and report on risks, issues and dependencies for Systems deliverables for assigned projects.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Hosts assigned project meetings to review deliverables and deadlines.
- Oversee Junior System Business Analysts, the Quality Assurance team and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Manage external contractors on Information Technology (IT) projects that have been outsourced.
- Provide on-going support to functional teams beyond implementation
- Facilitate user training for applications being implemented or changed.
- Update, implement and maintain procedures.
- Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture team to keep abreast of the latest processes and IT advancements.
- Promote the JMMB’s philosophy of the Vision of Love and its unique culture
EDUCATION, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Five (5+) years’ work experience in similar position
- Advanced Training in systems analysis and design techniques
- Experience in Business Process Automation
- Advanced training in Project Management
- Experience working on data conversion and system integration projects
- Experience liaising with Senior Management, other IT Stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Working knowledge of financial sector instruments, laws, regulations, ethics and terms.
- Knowledge of presentation programs and equipment would be an asset
- Sound knowledge and understanding of regulatory, and reporting requirements
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge and/or experience working on Agile teams would be an asset
Submit applications by November 19 2021