Reporting the to the Group Head, Financial ERP Systems, the Senior Software Engineer II (Sr. SE II) will provide software design, coding, and integration testing for application on projects. Leadership is expected from this role for assigned development teams. The Sr. SE II should demonstrate expertise in software design, development, and strong analytical skills. Support during other phases of development is expected of this role to achieve the objectives of the software development unit.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the gathering of system requirements and assess readiness of requirements.
- Translate program designs into program code using required programming languages.
- Design and document application modules.
- Prepare project schedules for design, and development activities.
- Prepare test plans and perform necessary testing of programs.
- Support the resolution of issues related to projects in QA/UAT.
- Perform peer reviews for other software engineers.
- Assist with the develop implementation plans and support their execution.
- Provide support to the helpdesk and support team for applications.
- Perform problem analysis and resolution for application issues.
- Assist in configuration management.
- Assist in governing changes to the environment.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, adherence and execution of IT policies and procedures.
- Assist with the supervision of contracted developers to achieve project objectives.
- Assist in choosing development platform and technologies.
- Promote the JMMB’s philosophy of the Vision of Love and its unique culture.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Six (6) + years of experience in Information Technology.
- Three (3) + years of experience in system analysis, design and development, preferably in a financial environment.
- Advanced knowledge of report-writing tools such as Crystal Reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Advanced knowledge of development languages including but not limited to VB 6, ASP, ASP.NET, C#, PHP, Java, SQL, jBase BASIC.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and supporting tools.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience working on Agile teams would be an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Working knowledge of financial sector instruments, laws, regulations, ethics and terminology, a plus.
Submit applications by November 19 2021