This role can be located in Canada or the Caribbean Banking market where the successful candidate resides
What is the opportunity?
In the role of Senior Software Developer you will partner across IT and Business to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder requirements. The Senior Software Developer will also code/develop systems and provide SME (Subject Matter Expertise) for systems under their stewardship.
What will you do?
- Work with project teams to determine best mix of development and interfacing applications to meet business requirements and project objectives
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing and/or recommending mitigation strategies
- Create detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Prepare activity records and operating manual documentation.
- Ensure thorough technical documentation in respect of test plans and all documentation required as part of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process
- Develop, code, document and execute programs of up to difficult complexity.
- Conduct unit, and systems testing or work alongside project teams to review and approve depending on the complexity of the project or the number of development staff on the project
- Manage joint development/testing, and plan and co-ordinate implementations.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions. Coordinate testing with external vendors, as/if required
What do you need to succeed?
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an application development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or related discipline; or equivalent experience in programming disciplines
- Strong systems knowledge including knowledge of different programming languages, IT standards, methodologies, capability maturity model (CMM), audit requirements, and middleware technologies
- Working knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including front-end frameworks like Angular, Vue, React) and the way they integrate with services
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins, GitHub, UrbanCode, Automated Testing tools
- Process knowledge including different testing tools, design techniques and tools, risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Platforms (OpenShift, AWS, Azure)
- Previous experience working in an Agile development team
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to world-class training
- Fun and supportive environment that values personal aspirations as much as the results to be delivered
Application Deadline: 09/23/2023