Applications are invited from qualified persons to fill the position of: Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Designer
Under the supervision of the Manager – Application Architecture and Design Unit, the Senior Programmer Analyst – Application Designer is the technical lead in the daily implementation of application/services development projects to prepare detailed program specifications, provide technical guidance to assist the development of junior team members and undertake programming and testing tasks that require specialist knowledge and/or experience.
- Provides design documents and translates them into component-level designs to accelerate development.
- Provides design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Acts as liaison between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing information gathered in technical research and in evaluating tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation; participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced team members. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information System or other technical degree from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
The candidate possessing the following will have a distinct advantage:
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Tenacious, highly energized and motivated, high level of commitment and passionate about achieving levels of excellence
- Ability to work under pressure, in a target driven environment
- Solution orientated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to interpret and utilize data to contribute to strategic decisions
- Calm and objective with the ability to listen and provide stability and direction
The salary scale ranges from $2.99m – $3.59m per annum, plus any allowance(s) attached to this position
Applications should be sent no later than December 4, 2020