JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
The Senior Manager, Student Registry, is fundamental to the delivery of UTT’s objectives of excellence in Teaching and Learning, resulting in an exceptional student experience. This position is responsible for supporting the design of and implementing of policies and procedures that ensure the integrity and security of student academic records as well as all administrative and operational activities associated with student registration, certification for graduation and transcript evaluation. This position is also responsible for the management of the personnel and budgets within Student Registry Unit and reports to the Vice President, Research, Academic, and Student Affairs.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops and implements policies, procedures and initiatives of Student Registry;
- Leads and manages the design and delivery of Student Registry services across the student lifecycle: from student entry to post-graduation.
- Leads, develops and manages staff within the Student Registry unit and ensures a professional working environment that enables staff to develop while motivating and managing the team on a daily basis.
- Manages all staff issues within the unit including staff induction, training and performance reviews with the objective of developing a culture that facilitates an outstanding student experience.
- Provides advice on procedures related to student rights and responsibilities and special needs including individual case reviews. It is expected that the Senior Manager, Student Registry will also lead the case management process where required.
- Maintains effective working relationships with colleagues across UTT, in order to provide a seamless, efficient and effective service to past, current and potential students.
- Develops and implements the Student Registry budget and effectively manages and controls allocated resources.
- Directs the process for the collection and refund of all student related fees - enforces procedures related to financial transactions, and coordinates with Internal Audit and Finance.
- Keeps current with developments in registry services within the Higher Education sector and contributes to the development of policies and procedures in response to internal and external factors. Directly responsible for the development and implementation of procedures which support the policy framework of the Student Registry.
- Has responsibility for student data management systems and processes, and the privacy and security of the data held therein. Provides timely and accurate student data reports and analytics to the Senior Management Team.
- Is responsible for the production, distribution and validation of transcripts and Degree and Diploma certificates.
- Champions and oversees the Registry’s contribution to the UTT’s Strategic Plan and to lead the development and delivery of the Registry’s operational plan
- Acts as the designated Student Registry representative on appropriate UTT committees and working groups.
- Undertakes associated duties, as requested by the Senior Management Team, and actively participates in the delivery of key UTT events, such as Open Day, Induction/Registration and Graduation.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors subordinate staff and implements the University's performance management system accordingly
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post graduate qualification in the Social Sciences, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Proven experience in leading successful organisational change, including systems and process review.
- Extensive experience of working within a regulatory framework.
- Extensive knowledge of the National/International Higher Education sector.
- Minimum of six (6) years managerial experience.
- User proficiency with general productivity software (e.g. Microsoft® Office Suite) and knowledge of specialised programmes, systems and databases used by Universities for discharging student registry services to its constituents.
- Membership in a relevant professional body.
COMPETENCIES / TRAITS:
- Excellent people management and organisation skills.
- Strong Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent liaison and relationship building skills.
- Excellent editorial, procedural and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated skill in policy development and regulations
- Ability to lead staff across University campuses.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with ambiguity.
- Experience in developing, leading and managing Quality Assurance systems within higher education systems.
- Ability to make judgement on significant issues in the absence of precedence.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative and/or practical solutions to improve operational practice.