Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Manager, Client Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing strategies and programmes to drive improvements in client service delivery and champions opportunities to consistently improve the client experience across the Bank. This includes contributing to the strategic direction of industry leading service capability and modernisation of client resolution processes and systems, aligned with and in support of all business areas. The incumbent supports the Associate Director, Client & Employee Engagement in establishing business objectives and priorities to ensure a client-focused culture is embedded within the organisation that supports the Bank’s corporate culture, delivering key enablers for retention and growth of the clients across all segments. The Senior Manager leads the Bank’s efforts to maintain an in depth understanding of the market and customer trends and is accountable for strategy development and business progress as a result of customer feedback and business engagement on the various initiatives to improve the customer experience. The incumbent drives the client engagement function in the organization primarily through insights from the various client feedback channels, tracking and monitoring client complaint resolution across all business functions and the client experience driver outputs from the Amazing Ideas programme which engages, enables and empowers employees to continuously improve and innovate to enhance the client experience. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing new ways of engaging with the Bank’s clients around the Bank’s products and services, the sharing of lifestyle information to enrich clients’ lives, advising clients on what the Bank is doing and why, and providing updates on changes that are taking place to improve their banking experience.
- Responsible for developing new ways of engaging with the Bank’s clients that keeps them informed about what the Bank is doing and why; and provides updates on changes that are taking place to improve their banking experience resulting in improved client engagement, measured through the Banks established feedback mechanisms.
- Drives the ongoing development of an exceptional customer service culture across the organisation, supported by effective policy and process frameworks and responsive customer service systems to embed best-practice customer-centric behaviours.
- Establishes and operationalises service level agreements (SLAs), service standards and / or performance targets between segments and service delivery. Reviews and updates SLAs and service standards every 18-24 months.
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programmes, and initiatives to align with the Bank’s vision and strategies.
- Leads reviewing, updating and monitoring of programmes and processes to ensure effective complaint resolution and customer feedback in partnership with the business segments. This involves the management of the Bank’s customer complaints tool, identifying ‘hot spots’ and working with segment heads to identify and implement long term solutions / elimination of ‘hot spots.
- Responsible for managing to resolution issues escalated from CIBC Ombudman’s Office, CIBC Customer Care and senior executive team through directing the service recovery activities through the appropriate unit, ensuring that client restitution has taken place and client satisfaction is obtained.
- Advises the senior executives on customer satisfaction metrics, customer experience strategies, programmes, initiatives and emerging issues, to enable customer-centric, strategic process improvements and critical issues responses.
- Establishes and manages productive, collaborative relationships with key business partners such as Operations and HR to ensure that frontline service delivery is optimised through back office support and training.
- Working with the Associate Director, leverages the Amazing Ideas programme by identifying opportunities to implement small incremental improvements that eliminate non-value add activities or enhance existing processes to positively impact the client experience and accelerate profitable revenue growth.
Critical Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Strong understanding of financial services functions and customer service.
- Market research / intelligence principles and the practical application of these across the region.
- Generating and using customer / performance metrics.
- Regional demographic and socio-economic conditions / trends.
- Knowledge of regional research houses and sources of data. Able to leverage this knowledge and tap into external suppliers and data sources to get required information.
- Skills in needs analysis sufficient to identify potential customer impacts.
- High level of presentation and communication skills.
- Consulting and leadership skills.
- Intuitive and creative thinker.
- Problem identifier and solver.
- Analytical skills and the practical application of statistical and research techniques.
- Significant experience in developing and implementing a customer service and experience strategy.
- Experience in managing a customer service function or area.
- Experience in resolving customer disputes and grievances.
- Project management expertise within a financial services organization.
- Proven experience coordinating activities among superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Experience in market research
- Experience with working with regional research suppliers and consultants.
Position reports to: Associate Director, Client & Employee Engagement
Category: Chief Administrative Office