Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals to resource the Macro-Prudential Policy Toolkit Project as Senior Financial Economist I. Reporting to the Senior Financial Economist II, Macro Prudential Policy, Financial Stability Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Expanding on the existing analytical approach to the surveillance of systemic risk associated with financial markets, international capital flow and their co-dependent relationships with the performance of financial entities, the real economy and payment systems.
- Broadening the coverage of the surveillance of property prices to include commercial property, a wider price distribution of houses and the exposure of banks to real estate assets.
- Liaising with the Bank’s Financial Institutions Supervisory Division to develop the availability of loan level data.
- Prepare the survey instrument to assess public confidence in financial stability.
- Assisting in finalizing criteria for the measurement of household and corporate loan-to-value and debt-to-income ratios.
- Developing targeted content for the internal and external communication of the department's risk assessment, inclusive of the creation of visual summaries and info-graphics.
- Developing and maintaining macro-prudential database and dashboard.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate Degree in Economics or Finance with three (3) years related experience in a financial institution, research or policy institution.
- Designation of Chartered Financial Analyst and/or Financial Risk Manager and/or other certification in data science or machine learning would be a distinct asset.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Sound research ability.
- Sound knowledge of financial risk and regulatory policy.
- In-depth knowledge of macroeconomics.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods and economic statistics.
- Strong interest in policy.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Exposed to highly confidential information.
- Required to meet tight deadlines
- Work frequently beyond the normal working hours.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should complete the application form with cover letter and full resume no later than Wednesday, 28 October 2020.