Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals for the position of Senior Deputy Governor, Bank of Jamaica.
Reporting to the Governor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Governor in overseeing the Bank’s day-to-day management as assigned.
- In the absence of the Governor having charge of the day-to-day management and operations of the Bank.
- Senior executive oversight of the Research and Economic Programming and Financial Stability functions of the Bank.
- Oversight of Financial Markets Development.
- Chairing Risk Management Committee meetings apprising Governor and the Management Committee of key issues arising and recommendations in respect of same.
- Participating as a member of the executive management team in the strategic planning and policy decision-making processes of the Bank.
- Participating as an ex-officio member of the Bank’s Board of Directors and in the capacity of Deputy Chair of the Board pursuant to the Bank of Jamaica Act.
- Guiding the strategic direction of all areas across the Bank, in particular the Research and Economic Programming, Financial Stability, Banking and Currency Operations, Financial Markets Development and ensuring that the infrastructure (staffing, technology, systems, policies and procedures) exists to enable the Bank to effect its mandate; also ensuring that the human resource development needs of the Divisions are consistently met.
- Participating as ex-officio member of statutory committees:
- Supervisory Committee
- Financial System Stability Committee
- Performing any other duties consistent with the function and nature of the job.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree in Economics or Finance with relevant experience at the executive level in central banking or within another regulatory authority or the financial industry with expertise in monetary policy and financial system stability.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Highly developed planning, decision-making, problem solving and coordinating skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Well-developed ability to take a high level or “macro” approach to decision making.
- Superior analytical, conceptual, interpretative, judgmental and interrogative skills.
- Well-developed ability to ‘think outside the box’.
- Pragmatic, confident, visionary and goal oriented.
- Superior communication skills in both oral and written form.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and provide leadership to staff and to function as a member of the Executive Management team.
- Authoritative grasp of prevailing monetary policy and the Government of Jamaica’s macro-economic programme/targets.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Typical modern office environment.
- Some work outside of regular hours.
- Potential target for criminal attack due to the sensitive nature of the job.
Apply no later than Friday, 28 February 2020.