Purpose of Role
To provide routine factual information of a standard nature to external/internal customers via telephone about products, services, and or programs.
Respond to inbound calls by referring to established procedures, processes and standards for guidance. Some analysis and investigation with reference to existing procedures and policies are typically required to respond to customers’ queries. Undertake proactive telemarketing calls to customers during promotional campaigns and at other appropriate predetermined occasions.
Provide an excellent customer experience by responding to customer calls in a prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner. These calls can be from customers in Corporate, Retail and International segments of the Bank’s customer base.
1. Provide detailed, factual and typically non-technical information to customers over the telephone concerning a field of work. This information may be of a technical nature. Established procedures and policies provide clear guidance to the incumbent for decision-making.
- Obtain complete information from customers, summarize and verify the facts.
- Identify customers' problems. Analysis is limited to routine problem solving
- Conduct research which is limited to routine problem solving such as locating and providing factual information to customers. May contact associated departments to obtain information or trace documents.
- Select the most appropriate solution or supply the required information to customers following established guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Provide customers with a straightforward explanation of recommended actions, and verify their understanding of the situation.
- Ensure that the information or solution offered meets customers' needs
- Maintain a log of customer service activities and update records accordingly.
- Mail information to individual customers as required.
- Refer more complex matters and complaints to more experienced/senior staff.
- Perform limited supervision of junior staff.
2. Identify routine improvements to the job’s operating efficiency and recommend opportunities for improvements.
3. Periodically update knowledge about new products, procedures and organisational changes etc., to answer customers’ queries promptly.
- Responsible for self development generally (training specific to the role will be continually provided as required
- Detailed knowledge of procedures, processes and terminology relating to a field of work.
- In depth knowledge of the bank’s core operating system; ICBS and any related applications (training will be provided where required sufficient to retrieve information and enter data).
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally related administrative/operational activities sufficient to understand and apply them to the work performed.
- Thorough knowledge of external trends and developments for several areas sufficient to recognize issues pertaining to the work performed.
- Sound interactive/communication skills sufficient to communicate factual information on issues requiring detailed explanations.
- Strong influential skills sufficient to promote customers' acceptance of recommended practices or processes
- Excellent writing skills sufficient to draft letters and write straightforward explanations.
- Good self-planning skills sufficient to complete work within predetermined productivity standards. Unanticipated workload issues are referred to others for resolution.
- Customer focused and a people person
- Self motivating, adaptable with a concern for personal development
- Being fluent in a foreign language (Spanish, French or Dutch) would be an asset.
- Experience in customer relations by handling queries and providing information
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in a Call Centre environment would be an asset
CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Expiry Date: 22-9-2023