Caribbean Catalyst Inc. client, a leading container leasing company is looking to fill the post of Senior Credit Risk Analyst, based in Barbados.
Our Client, a leading container leasing company is looking to fill the post of Senior Credit Risk Analyst, based in Barbados. The Senior Credit Risk Analyst will report to the Director of Risk.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Managing portfolio risk with emphasis on monitoring credit portfolio performance.
- Assessing customers to determine creditworthiness, ensuring risk is within the tolerance set by the investors.
- Working closely with account managers to keep current information on customers and issues within businesses.
- Assisting the sales team with the booking of business within the risk tolerance level and ensuring that potential/new clients are credit worthy.
- Monitoring credit compliance.
- Maintaining credit risk record files.
- Coordinating with the legal team on recovery issues and making recommendations for recovery.
- Visiting customers as part of the credit risk assessment process.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Five years’ credit analysis experience.
- Sound business acumen.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry would be an asset.
- Strong working experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to effectively interface with all job levels.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to perform financial analysis.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel at least once a quarter.
- Ability to work American and European hours.
Candidates who are interested in this challenging career opportunity should send their Curriculum Vitae along with two professional references no later than October 31, 2020.