Purpose of Role:
The Senior Manager, Corporate efficiently manages a portfolio of corporate clients by providing world class relationship management, top quality risk control and assists with the personal development of members of the corporate banking team.
The Senior Manager is responsible for maximizing customer profitability by driving revenue growth through generation of loans, deposits, fee income and cross selling all applicable Bank services to existing clients and identifying and soliciting Bank services to non-customers / new clients.
The Senior Manager, Corporate develops an intimate knowledge of all clients in their assigned portfolio, coordinating all aspects of the client relationship, effectively providing a high quality of client service and satisfaction.
The incumbent is accountable for the credit quality of the assigned client portfolio, reviewing credit requests as required to ensure compliance with the Bank’s credit quality standards and is ultimately accountable for the client experience.
Critical Knowledge & Skills Required
- Sources and originates new clients and fosters high quality business opportunities with existing clients through proactive idea generation and selling. Negotiates and achieves customer retention and growth targets annually.
- Manages and significantly grows the existing portfolio by building and broadening the scope of the client relationship and increasing ‘wallet share’ of the clients’ investment and banking business services. Focuses on providing world class personalized relationship service for up to 75 -100 relationships.
- Continually mines assigned portfolio, conducts thorough needs assessments and identifies business opportunities, potential client issues and risks. Provides a consultancy-based approach to customers, involving the Corporate Banking relationship team and Investment Banking team members as needed.
- Monitors and controls accounts within the assigned client portfolio, reviewing the quality of the customer group in line with Bank and Corporate policies and guidelines. Reviews, with members of the Credit and Portfolio Management team and CRMD any trigger points or issues causing concern and implements any remediation action plans, e.g., customer complaints, errors, security irregularities or deficiencies. Completes all relevant risk reviews and reporting including early warning questionnaires, proposing EWL strategies, portfolio level reporting, etc.
- Works with the Head, Credit Underwriting & Portfolio Management, the Senior Manager, Credit Underwriting, the Senior Manager, Portfolio Management, Credit Manager and / or Credit Officers and Product Specialists across the Bank, e.g. Foreign Exchange & Derivatives Sales (FDS),Cash Management, credit cards, etc., and partners within Investment Banking or Deals Management teams as appropriate, to develop solutions which meet and create business opportunities with both existing clients and targeted prospects.
- Provides proactive relationship management and deepens client relationships through in-depth reviews of the clients’ business, financing and relationship requirements.
- Develops and delivers targeted financing solutions for clients, balancing the needs of the client’s business and the Bank’s credit and risk standards / policies. Prices financing solutions and services for clients and portfolios appropriately ensuring cost for services and products enhance the Bank’s profitability and provide quality service to clients.
- Reviews, agrees and signs off credit applications / recommendations (prepared by the Credit Managers and signed off by the Head, Credit Underwriting & Portfolio Management or Senior Manager, Credit Underwriting) to CRMD for sanctioning.
- Sells customized financing and banking solutions using a diagnostic approach. This will require an in-depth and holistic understanding of the clients’ businesses, including strategies, market position, industry risk and developments, interdependencies and financial risks. Supports clients’ strategic and business planning processes, providing advice and consultation on financial needs and services.
- Takes an inclusive approach to client relationship and building the business by coordinating client portfolio relationship team members and appropriate specialists and partners. Educates supporting team members about clients’ businesses, key needs and requirements on an ongoing basis. Ensures clients are referred to appropriate team members for service needs, questions and providing solutions.
- Takes an active role in the delivery of risk management and compliance with the Bank’s internal control and assurance framework. Responsible for ensuring adherence of the Bank’s AML and KYC standards with regards acceptance of new and existing business.
- In-depth understanding of the Corporate business, financing solutions, credit suite of products, and the set of products available across FirstCaribbean.
- Strong understanding of financial options and applicability to various business scenarios.
- Understanding of the industry trends and macro-economic factors affecting customers and markets.
- Excellent selling, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Advanced credit risk analysis skills with strong financial counseling ability.
- Superior communication skills at all levels including verbal and written with a strong emphasis on the formal presentation capability.
- Well-developed management skills in the area of conflict resolution.
- Relationship builder with expert ability to influence and negotiate to win- win solutions.
- Strong and mature team builder and player.
- High degree of initiative, a self- starter and self-motivated.
- Advanced orientation to driving for results.
- Graduate status with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the business / financial world.
- Proven origination, business development, deal closing and relationship management capabilities.
Category: Corporate Banking
Function: Corporate Banking
Position reports to: Director, Corporate Banking