The Integrity Commission invites eligible candidates to submit applications for the position of Senior Complaints Review Officer. The Senior Complaints Review Officer is accountable to the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures for the efficient and effective processing and assessment of all complaints reported/submitted to the Commission as well as matters of Protected Disclosures reported, in order that the Entity achieves its Mission and Vision in a sustainable manner.
The Incumbent’s Operational RESPONSIBILITIES will include, inter alia, to:
1. Develops, in consultation with the Manager of Complaints and Protected Disclosures, own Job Accountability and Performance Targets; ensuring alignment to the Department’s and Commission’s Strategic Plan.
2. Develops, in consultation with the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures, own Individual Development Plan (IDP) following the Performance Review as per the Performance Management System.
3. Contributes to the review and improvement of the complaint receipt, logging and resolution process; ensuring satisfied stakeholders.
4. Participates in the engagement of stakeholders regarding anti-corruption and whistleblowing initiatives.
5. Participates in sensitization and training sessions of selected Designated Officers on matters related to Protected Disclosures.
6. Receives, logs and record complaints, information or notification provided from the relevant persons/entities.
7. Drafts Acknowledgement Letters for Complaints, Information and Notification received by the Commission.
8. Examines the nature of complaints and information received for the appropriate classification of such information.
9. Assesses complaints and information received in order to determine the basis of referral.
10. Provides guidance and clarity on matters related to Complaints and Protected Disclosures.
11. Administrates, in consultation with the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures, the storage of all Complaints, Information and Notifications received by the Division.
12. Performs monthly review of Protected Disclosures Monthly Reports submitted to the Commission.
13. Monitors the functions of the Complaints Review Officers to ensure compliance with the Division’s Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
14. Reviews and assigns complaints and information to the Complaints Review Officers for logging, recording and assessment.
15. Supervises and ensures the accurate and efficient recording and assessment of complaints and information to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in keeping with the standards and policies of the Information and Complaints Division.
16. Performs the initial review of the assessments completed by the Complaints Review Officers.
17. Ascertains that inactive files are archived in accordance with the Commission’s Document Information Management Policy.
18. Prepares Assessment Reports for submission the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures for review.
19. Ensures that reports prepared for submission to the Manager, accurately represent the content of the complaint and Information received and are signed attesting to the enclosed information.
20. Prepares the monthly Protected Disclosures Organization Engagement List.
21. Coordinates engagement activities for the Complaints and Protected Disclosures Unit.
22. Prepares files for submission to the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures for the attention of the Director of Information and Complaints.
23. Maintains contact with stakeholder organizations to ensure that assistance and advice are attended to, according to protocol and in a timely manner.
24. Contributes to the preparation of the Complaints and Protected Disclosures Unit’s monthly and quarterly Reports for submission to the Director of Information and Complaints.
25. Keeps current with all legislations and best practices relating to whistleblowing and the handling of complaints.
26. Performs any other duties assigned by the Manager, Complaints and Protected Disclosures from time to time.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
Other Desirable Qualifications & Experience that would be an asset
Desired Skills & Competencies
Basic Salary: $2,527,931.00 - $3,004,916.00 per annum
Travelling Allowance $894,924.00 per annum
Appointments will normally be on the basis of a Three-year Contract in the first instance, which is renewable based upon performance. A Gratuity of 25% of Basic Salary is payable upon the satisfactory completion of the contract period.
Statutory Declarations of Assets
Please be advised, that where applicable, only persons who have submitted Statutory Declarations of Assets, Liabilities and Income, as required, to the Integrity Commission and the former Commission for the Prevention of Corruption, can be considered for employment to the Integrity Commission.
Applications, along with Curriculum Vitae, must be submitted no later than. Friday, February 26, 2021 at 3:30 p.m. by hand or electronically, by 11:59 p.m.