The Senior Business Development Officer is responsible for identifying new business opportunities that generate growth and increase market opportunities for the organisation. The primary purpose of this function is to provide new and sustainable income streams while building on existing partnerships and business relationships.
- Grow the organisation and business portfolio by developing appropriate levels of communication with stakeholders and identifying their business needs.
- Enhance the organisation’s services and the delivery of those services.
- Utilise a variety of lead generation methods to build relationships and generate revenue generation opportunities for the organisation.
- Ensure the achievement of KPI’s as set out and agreed.
- Identify and implement new/viable revenue streams aligned to the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Identify market opportunities for the organisation that will provide new and sustainable income streams.
- Maintain and nurture existing strategic relationship with the organisation’s stakeholders and partners while developing new business relationships/partnerships.
- Critically assess existing service offerings and benefits and determine new offerings and benefits.
- Improve the effectiveness of communications by introducing online/digital options and other strategies.
- Formulate the business case for the introduction of new revenue streams and services.
- Coordinate the organisation’s participation at events and effectively engage with the business community.
- Working collaboratively with senior leadership and assigned resources in formulating the annual business development plan/strategy for the organisation.
- Provide supervision of tasks delegated to junior staff and ensure that the KPIs are achieved.
- Provide monthly reports to the organisation’s senior leadership.
- Provide support to existing committees and teams as required.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Business Development, or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Experience in developing and driving relationship-building and strategic partnerships.
- Ability to convert leads to new business and to ability to achieve set goals and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast -paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS 365 Suite, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CRM platforms
Date posted: 19/11/2021| Application Deadline: not provided| Unposting: 8/12/2021| Job Ref: CO-VAC6645|