The GraceKennedy Group seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes across the group, in the capacity of Senior Business Auditor.?
This incumbent will perform independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which GraceKennedy Limited and its subsidiaries financial, physical and information resources are managed.
The primary purpose of the role will be to:
- Assess the risks associated with the Company’s strategic objectives, growth plans and related risks for the IT Operations and activities located within Jamaica and International Markets.
- Plan and execute various Information Technology reviews aimed at the compliance and operational control environment in accordance with accepted professional standards and utilizing the department’s Internal Audit methodology
- Work with management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that major risks of the company are identified and analyzed during the planning.
- Conduct Planning meeting with management to commence audit assignment.
- Review, develop and recommend detailed audit programmes for use on assignment.
- Perform specific audit procedures and prepare work papers documenting the audit procedures performed.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls especially as it relates to Information Technology.
- Complete audit assignments based on schedules and budget
- Provide accurate and timely reports to management.
- Attend/Organize opening, and exit meeting with IT and/or Audit Manager and other invitees
- Assist in Drafting Terms of Reference for review by Manager as required
- Make recommendations on the IT systems and procedures being reviewed and prepare comprehensive written reports on the findings and recommendations.
- Complete time sheets for activities performed.
- Provide assistance to external auditors under the guidance of the Chief Audit Executive as requested.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology developments in the industry so that the required information and expertise is always available to the Company
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Qualification, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Certified Information Systems Auditor [CISA] or similar qualifications at that level
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits
- Excellent report writing skills
- Critical thinking, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Capable of working on own initiative
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Team orientation
- Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our GK careers page on our website[link removed] later than 05/04/2020. We thank all candidates for expressing interest in being a part of the GraceKennedy Group. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.