Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Analyst, Structuring is a member of the structuring team within Investment Banking primarily supporting the Bank’s efforts to originate, structure and execute large and / or structured corporate and sovereign transactions across the region. The incumbent supports, manages, leads and assists with the marketing / origination, diligence, legal review and documentation, internal approval of some of the Bank’s largest and complex transactions. The incumbent will work with the other senior analysts to perform key analysis and transaction support functions to originate, structure and execute the region’s largest transactions. The incumbent is also responsible for the preparation and processing of applications for deals and credit approvals and acts as the primary liaison with Credit Risk Management to ensure conformity of applications with FirstCaribbean credit policies and procedures as well as local and regional regulations. The incumbent will work on a wide variety of transactions from capital markets, to loan origination and syndications, to advisory mandates, across all industry sectors and client profiles (corporate and sovereign).
- Leads financial and operational due diligence for structured and / or sensitive corporate and sovereign transactions, e.g. acquisition financing, project finance, refinance of major corporate facilities, which would involve the preparation of a tailored financial model used to forecast and analyse the business and / or proposed transaction.
- Leads the preparation of presentations and other marketing documents, including detailed, customized client proposals for both internal and external presentation to a very high-level and sophisticated audience including, investors, senior and executive management, corporate boards of directors and cabinet.
- Participates in the team’s market syndications efforts, which include the participation in client outreach and gathering of market intelligence and appetite.
- Acts as the primary support to deal team leaders in gathering and analyzing company and industry specific financials and other quantitative and qualitative intelligence, offering summarized findings and advice that will aid in the decision making processes.
- Advises the Investment Banking team (and Corporate Banking as required) of creative (and often complex) structures best suited to the client and which help improve the Bank’s competitive position.
- Supports the team with the review of deals papers for Corporate & Investment Banking transactions to ensure conformity to proper structuring techniques, internal credit policies and procedures as well as local and regional standards and regulations.
- Assists in the development of internal strategies to maximize Bank revenues, e.g. cross-selling the various Bank offerings, including derivatives, FX, merchant services, etc.
- Keeps abreast of key developments regionally and internationally and actively accumulates and shares knowledge throughout Corporate & Investment Banking and the wider institution.
- Provides coverage to other senior analysts within the team to ensure no disruption in workflow and that tasks / responsibilities are completed within the stipulated timeframes.
- Mentors and coaches various team members on best practices, complex structures and / or presentation skills for their personal development and enrichment of the team as a whole.
Critical Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Deep industry specific knowledge of the financial and operational metrics and methodologies used to analyse the strength and weaknesses of a particular borrower, issuer or target.
- Well-developed fundamental analysis and ability to interpret economic indicators, industry trends and financial statements.
- Excellent understanding of the geography of the Caribbean region, its economies, industries, businesses practices and culture.
- Strong analytical / financial modeling skills, including in-depth knowledge of the preparation of financial forecasts and the analysis of financial statements.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, incorporating ability to explain detailed financial, economic, statistical and industry analysis.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues on complex subject matter and able to take guidance and feedback in a constructive manner.
- Able to organize own methodology and approach for individual client transaction analysis and presentation but within credit policy, appetite and legislative parameters.
- Ability to gather / research industry data to provide guidance to team members to support key internal decisions or advice to the client.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in business, finance and / or equivalent professional finance or accounting qualifications and experience.
- 3-5 or more years’ experience in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets and / or Corporate Banking in a local, regional or international market.
- Professional certification / charter, e.g. CA / CFA considered an asset.
Position reports to: Associate, Structuring, Investment Banking
Function: Investment Banking (Corporate & Investment Banking)
Expiry Date: 08 mrt 2021