The Division of Public Education (DPE) is in need of a School Director for the school year 2021-2022 for the Special Education School, Prins Willem Alexander.
The School Director will be responsible for but not limited to:
1. translating developments within the school organization and the local educational field into integral policy making;
2. preparing, developing, implementing and evaluating the educational policy within the school and executes decisions;
3. Accounting for decisions to the Division Public Education
4. Representing of the school in the local educational field or relevant target groups;
5. Maintaining contact with relevant schools / institutions;
6. Discussing school organizational matters with parents and other institutions;
7. Guarding the objectives and identity of the school;
8. Helping to guide the professionalisation activities of teachers and others educational staff;
9. Ensuring the promotion of expertise within the school;
10. Managing the staff of the school;
11. Directing and accounting for the daily course of affairs;
12. Handling conflict situations when they arise;
13. Conducting performance and appraisal interviews.
• Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Completed DPE application form
• Master’s Degree in Special Education (from an accredited University)
• Trained FBE or equivalent certificates
• Original diplomas and transcripts
• Police Record (from last place of residence, not older than 6 months, or copy of receipt indicating that it was requested)
• Health certificate (from SXM, not older than 6 months)
• An enthusiastic, well-motivated and talented classroom practitioner and/or administrator with the an ability to inspire children, staff and parents alike.
• Can create an environment that nurtures and stimulates positive attitudes, independence and an innovative approach to facilitate learning and teaching
The government’s policy is geared towards the employment of Antilleans. Qualified Antilleans are, therefore, urged to apply.
Deadline for applicants to submit their applications is Monday, March 15th, 2021.