Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Insurance Operation - Brach Administration team in the capacity of: Scanning Assistant (Grade 2)
The selected candidate will receive, sort, prepare and scan documents for processing and retrieval of documents upon request.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort files received for scanning and check applications for completeness by ensuring that all requirements are met and all relevant documents are attached to the application:
- Examine applications for completeness and underwriting requirements and ensure that entries are made to the electronic system
- Return incomplete applications to the respective agents and maintain a record of the returns
- Prepare documents in small batches for imaging ensuring index fields (policy number and name) are completed on the front page of all documents.
- Date stamp and update the REQT screen as well as other relevant systems (Shared Drives) based on the document (application/requirement) received.
- Scan all documents ensuring accuracy, legibility and separation of documents scanned
- Index scanned images in chronological order while validating and verifying information.
- Retrieve original documents upon request.
- Prepare and update reports ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information as agreed.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Six (6) CXC or GCE “O” level subjects including English Language and a numeric subject.
- LOMA (Parts 1 & 2).
- One (1) year work experience in a life insurance company.
- Sound knowledge of computer applications, including word processors and spreadsheets.
- Basic knowledge of Life Insurance principles.
- Sound human relations and time management skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Normal office environment.
- Exposure to dust and possible lifting of boxes.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours to meet critical deadlines.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than Thursday, February 13, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.