The successful candidate will be responsible for selling Caribbean Alliance General Insurance products based on the Company’s guidelines.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell various types of general insurance policies (to include motor, fire, property, liabilities, personal accident, travel, marine) to businesses and individuals on behalf of Delisle Walwyn & Co. Ltd. agents of Caribbean Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Develop sales in St. Kitts & Nevis by primarily traveling out of the office making calls, visits and following all leads, recording all visits in a relevant log.
- Monitor and act on the commission incentive scheme as it pertains to your recommendations, diarizing all agreed visits & follow-ups as required.
- Calculate premiums, establish payment method and frequency and ensure collection. Cash cannot be collected. Where cash is involved, the insured must visit the office for payment.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other insurance companies and brokers who sell general insurance.
- Explain scope of cover of various policies to promote sale. Where required, call on policyholders to deliver policy.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Carry out the designated assignments in calling customers (your own sourced business) in respect to the pre-renewals and follow up to completion including the printing of documents and issuing of the relevant bills where required.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it’s a good insurance risk.
- Carry out the relevant inspections of motor vehicles to validate comprehensive coverage, where applicable.
- Provide quotation as requested by client. Obtain underwriting approval (for values exceeding your underwriting authority limit) before finalizing premium rate.
- Proven track record in sales. Sales in General Insurance would be a definite plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience preferably in General Insurance.
- An Associates Degree, in a business field, or a minimum of five (5) CXC (or equivalent) subjects, English and Mathematics are required.
- Knowledge of AML/ CFT Compliance would be an asset.
- Proficient in the use of computer software and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must have good problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of insurance practices and policies.
- Possess an approachable and pleasing personality.
- A strong desire to help others.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be detailed oriented, display a professional attitude and be reliable.
- Possess strong organizational, persuasion, negotiation, and time management skills.
- Be well organized and show initiative.
- Be solution oriented and a team player.
- Possess the ability to exercise sound judgment and display a high level of respect, trust and integrity.
- Committed to self- development.
Posted: 07/06/2021 |Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: June 21, 2021.