The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC), in its drive towards improving and expanding its services, is pleased to invite applications for the following contract position: a Road Supervisor.
The Road Supervisor is responsible for the efficient monitoring, co-ordination and functioning of the fixed route services of the bus transport in a specific geographic area. The incumbent is responsible for quality control and well organised response to emergencies, incidents and customer feedback. Additionally, be able to provide assistance and relevant information to the Operations Departmental Staff. The responsibilities include exercising considerable discretion and independent judgement when responding to unforeseen events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the efficient supervision, co-ordination and functioning of the fixed route services of the bus transport in a specific geographic area.
• Conducts daily checks on scheduled fixed route and other services to observe Driver/ Conductor's performance to the assigned duties in order to note their departures, arrivals, treatment of passengers and adherence to PTSC's regulations and schedules and compliance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
• Reports schedule delays, accidents and complaints
• Periodically conducts on board checks to ensure service quality is being maintained
• Assesses and determines need for changes in service, such as additional vehicles/ schedules, route changes, and makes recommendations to schedules to improve service delivery and overall efficiency.
• Monitors, reports and addresses disruptions to service.
• Monitors route conditions, missed stops, delays on schedule performance, bus stop punctuality and the efficiency of the fixed route service.
• Identifies and reports fixed route service deficiencies and deals with emergency situations.
• Ensures Corporation standards and policies are maintained and adhered to and all regulatory and collective agreement provisions are complied with, this includes but is not limited to Driver/Conductor's uniform and dress code policies.
• Reports shutdowns and accidents and coordinates with internal stakeholders to ensure the timely dispatch of an appropriate replacement bus.
• Seeks and identifies continuous areas for improvements for the PTSC.
• Any other work enlisted by the ADGM-Operations and DGM-Operations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certificate in Management or Supervisory skills.
• Certificate in Transport Management, Fleet Management or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Five CXC O'level passes
• Class 5 license
• Owner of a motor vehicle.
• At least three years' experience in a Public Transport environment or equivalent, with supervisory experience. Track record of no accidents.
Any similar combination of qualifications and experience will be considered.
Close for application: 07th August 2020. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted