Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join Research & Strategy team in the capacity of: Research & Strategy Analyst - Investments
The selected candidate will provide research and analytical reports to guide the revenue generating units of SIJL, specifically, Portfolio and Asset Management, Wealth Management and Capital Markets. They will be tasked with collating economic information from various government agencies and other sources to be used in the analysis of the Jamaican and global economies, as well as assisting with the overall management and idea generation for the Listed Equity Funds
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Economic Research; Collate economic information from the various government agencies and other sources to be used in economic analysis on the Jamaican and global economies; Provide monthly economic reports on the Jamaican Capital market to be shared with SIJL clients, SLJ and risk committees
- Provide information on the local and international markets for dissemination to clients
- Oversee Listed Equity Funds; Active monitoring of all Listed Equity Funds and other new funds developed to ensure performance in keeping with investment objectives and regulatory requirements; Prepare Fund Fact sheets for use by Sales Team and other stakeholders
- Develop investment proposals for approval by requisite committees; Develop and recommend new fund ideas for execution
- Work on project teams for the creation or closure of new/existing portfolios
- International Equity & Fixed Income Assessment; Provide updates on key market developments, company news/analysis economic data
- Determine feasibility of equity investments based on investment strategy e.g. value opportunity, dividend or growth opportunity
- Conduct credit risk assessments on various sovereign and corporate bond issues
- Strategy; Monitor and interpret trends within the organisation and the financial services industry, and prepare reports as needed; Assist with communicating the strategy across the organisation, and monitoring the execution of the strategy
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, on various topics, for communication with internal and external parties; Conduct presentations to internal & external parties as necessary
- Lead the preparation of business cases for potential new products, services and business opportunities
- Analyse proposals for new products, services and business lines and provide recommendations; Work individually, and on project teams, to execute strategic initiatives
- Capital Market & Others; Identify and recommend suitable investments across global asset classes for SIJL clients and provide thorough analyses to support investment recommendations.
- Provide research and analytical support to the revenue generating units of SIJL, specifically, Portfolio and Asset Management, Wealth Management and Capital Markets.
- Assist the corporate finance and structured product teams generate revenues through the design and pricing of structured investment products for distribution to SIJL institutional and High Net Worth Clients; Liaise with members of the Wealth Management team to prepare Investment Portfolio Proposals designed to meet client financial objectives and risk tolerances with the view to help grow Assets under Management and revenues.
- Provide independent analysis of deals originating out of the Capital Markets unit such as initial public offering, private placements and bond syndication
- Provide quarterly reviews of deals originating out of the Capital Markets unit such as initial public offering, private placements and bond syndication for dissemination to clients as well as FC for valuation of the securities.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- At least 5 years work experience in quantitative analysis, investments, research, risk management, or strategy management
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Management, or a related field
- At least 2 years work experience in quantitative analysis, investments, research, risk management, or strategy management.
- Ability to think critically and logically, conduct thorough analyses and complete multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing & sound presentation skills
- Effective time management skills
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than January 29, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.