Reports directly to the Release Manager. The Release Engineer ensures that releases are applied to the various environments based on agreed SLAs. These releases include application changes, infrastructure changes, operating system patches etc.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and monitor non-production environments that are reliable and efficient.
- Design, document, implement and maintain automated software integration and deployment processes.
- Work in close coordination with development teams to automate the delivery of releases.
- Monitor build requests and ensure they are completed successfully.
- Ensure release requests are completed in line with established SLAs
- Ensuring that releases operate as per expectations.
- Ensuring that requirements are clear across dependent project streams with a release.
- Managing the development of deliverables into production.
- Validating release notes for completeness and accuracy.
- Managing the deployment of deliverables to the test environment particularly guaranteeing that external dependent items are available.
- Responsible for preparation of non-production environments and ensure they are as accurate to production as possible.
- Weekly Release Reporting.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Implement/Manage/Improve Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) tooling.
- Implement and maintain Application and Infrastructure Automation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related experience.
- Three (3+) years’ work experience in IT.
- Excellent programming skills and experience
- Experience in release engineering a plus.
- Sound knowledge of a wide range of network, database and systems administration principles.
- Knowledge of software infrastructure & configurations
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Submit applications by November 19 2021