Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Corporate Banking team in the capacity of: Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking.
The selected candidate will retain, grow and acquire a portfolio of Corporate and Commercial Banking clients in order to contribute to the strategic business priorities of profitable volume growth. The main focus would be cross-selling, up selling and retention of existing business customers and on qualifying and converting new clients (prospects) in the assigned market area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and profitably grow the Corporate and Commercial Banking portfolio in the assigned market area through: Conduct a minimum number of client meetings per week as agreed, recognizing the need to balance retention growth and acquisition activities.
- Develop needs-based sales strategies with input from appropriate company partners for all clients and prospects in order to create or increase revenue, client profitability and client loyalty. Follow through on the activities inherent to each client strategy.
- Use sales enablers including targeted prospecting and pre-call planning tools in client interactions.
- Price business and collect fees within prescribed guidelines, maintaining a balance of sales results, portfolio profitability and relationship building.
- Maintain an ongoing sales pipeline with a minimum aggregate value and number of clients. The minimum aggregate value and number of clients will be agreed upon with supervisor.
- Develop individual market and sales plans in order to acquire new clients.
- Build, advance and actively replenish a pipeline of prospective clients in order to achieve new client acquisition goal.
- Meet new client acquisition sales targets as agreed.
- Build and retain an active network of Centers of influence and Communities of interest.
- Contribute to the profitable development of credit products and communicate with the prospect or client through: In conjunction with the Credit Solutions Manager, conduct financial analysis and recommendation of terms, conditions, pricing and covenants to provide a viable banking proposal to the client within sound credit lending practices.
- Prepare credit applications in tandem with the Credit Solutions Manager.
- Obtain authorization, review for accuracy and present offer to the client.
- Ensure prompt follow-up for acceptance of the authorization and reacting swiftly to any problems, amendments, extensions, reporting to senior management where necessary.
- Update client or contact information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain a market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts through: Build and maintain an awareness of local market and general economic conditions.
- Participate in Bank, local professional and community events and associations to develop professional expertise and to expand network of contacts. Keep current and up-to-date on industry/business trends and major events.
- Develop, manage and action a personal development plan that ensures skills/knowledge are current. Ensuring sales, relationship management and product/service knowledge are at an appropriate level to manage the complexity of the portfolio. Liaise and utilize product specialist to fulfill identified clients’ needs.
- Ensure assigned relationships receive ongoing attention as required, to maintain and grow the relationship through: Actively seek customer feedback on the Bank’s products and services and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Liaise with Sales Support and Credit Risk for fulfillment (including documentation, liaison with 3rd parties, security registration) and all service activities;
- Maintain effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful opportunities.
- Proactively provide differentiated business and financial advice to Corporate and Commercial Banking clients. Deliver financial advice through the presentation of options with a recommendation that clearly articulates value to the client.
- Review, understand and be up-to-date on the clients’ financial situation, leveraging the financial and client knowledge obtained from annual review process. Introduce and refer clients to business partners to meet clients’ broader advice needs.
- Conduct an annual discovery/strategy session with all clients, documenting Action Plan in a client Relationship plan(CRP). Undertake pre-contact planning for all client calls/meetings.
- Safeguard the Bank’s assets and liabilities by maintaining the quality of assigned portfolio: Ensure any and all support from other departments of the Bank on fulfillment, client portfolio monitoring and servicing is completed.
- Maintain adherence to the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering program and Guidelines for business conduct, by reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities. Ensure all Compliance policies are followed including “Know your Customer” (KYC) Guidelines.
- Manage an assigned credit portfolio at an acceptable level of risk through: Complete credit reviews, where applicable, in association with the Credit Solutions Manager in a timely approach. Satisfactory monthly completion of Relationship Manager Portfolio Activity Long inclusive of documented action plan.
- Exercise due diligence when recommending and/or preparing solutions (e.g. know your client, know the transaction, risk analysis and client strategy). Monitor portfolio and take appropriate and immediate action to correct in instances where unavoidable lending excesses occur or where collateral is deemed “out of order” as a result of expired facilities or expired dates, respectively.
- Follow procedures regarding policies, Guidelines, Standards and Protocols.
- Make recommendations on customer requests within standard Bank Policy
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Banking including experience in general lending; corporate lending and loan administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the corporate and commercial banking market place in Jamaica
- In-depth knowledge of the commercial bank’s objectives and thorough knowledge of segment, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank, and externally in the marketplace.
- Must be able to work effectively with customers and successfully handle complaints; ability to understand customers’ individual needs and requirements and vary interpersonal approach to each situation.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to assess lending risks.
- Thorough knowledge of the Banking Act 1992, the Banking Amendment Act 1997 and the BOJ Regulations regarding Credit Classification, Provisioning and Non-accrual Requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to exercise best contemporary management and supervisory practices including handling difficult employees.
- Ability to be persuasive in marketing the Bank’s products and services.
- Strong knowledge of the Bank’s commercial lending and deposit products and services.
- Demonstrated success with business development activities including prospecting and referrals.
- Knowledge of computer applications used by the Bank.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than January 29, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.