The Registrar performs advanced medical work within a subspecialty field in the examination, diagnosis, and treatments of patients in a hospital setting or through extension services such as a clinic or other designated area under the supervision of a Specialist Medical Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine including the diagnosis and initial treatment of a variety of diseases and injuries
- Knowledge of principles and practices of preventative medicine
- Knowledge of Public Health Ordinances and of medical jurisprudence
- Knowledge of the Patients Charter/ Patients’ Bill of Rights
- Some knowledge of administrative practices and procedures, rules, regulations, policies and standards related to medical services
- Ability to examine patients, diagnose disease and prescribe and administer necessary treatment
- Evidence of excellent communication skills for interaction with patients and their relatives, colleagues and staff at all levels to gain their confidence and cooperation
- Ability to establish and sustain good working relationships with colleagues and all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to conduct and participate in research
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or Medical Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Post-graduate qualifications in this field of study or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum five  years’ experience Minimum five years’ experience in the specialist field.
- Recognition Statement from the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- Specialist status with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
Apply by August 10th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.