The Radiographer I will report to the Radiographer II at Sangre Grande Hospital and County St. Andrew/St. David and to the Primary Care Physician II within the County Narvia/mayaro.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Radiographer I is responsible for medical imaging for diagnostic purposes. Work involves positioning and imaging patients for optimum diagnostic image quality and is performed generally in the Radiology department of a health institution. Work is reviewed by a professional superior through discussions and analysis of images taken.
The Radiographer I would be required to:
- Dispense radiation in keeping with the As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles.
- Dispense radiation to patients as necessary by the nature of the examination to be done.
- Ensure that diagnostic radiographs and other images are produced maintaining diagnostic quality.
- Organize the assigned work area effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Assist Radiologists in special procedures and in preparing and administering contrast media for imaging purposes.
- Assist surgeons and clinicians in complex radiological studies in and out of theatre
- Responsible for radiation safety and general safety of the patient while in the department.
- Record imaging identification and patient documentation.
- Reassure patients by explaining the nature of activity prior to positioning and imaging.
- Maintain proper care and use of equipment, reporting faults as they occur.
- Place departmental orders for stock necessary for the efficient running of the Department.
- Perform QC checks as per departmental protocol
- Train students
- Contribute to departmental and professional progress.
- Uphold the code of ethics of the profession.
- Perform related work as required by the appropriate Authority.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques employed in radiography.
- Knowledge of anatomy, including cross-sectional anatomy, and radiographic positioning techniques.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions in the use of radiographic equipment.
- Knowledge of the radiology equipment instrumentation inclusive of general handling and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current professional standards of practice / best practice.
- Skill in operating radiologic equipment.
- Skill in positioning patients in order to obtain quality medical images.
- Ability to administer contrast media to patients as directed by a radiologist.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with patients and with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to recognize critical symptoms in patients and within department and to report/act promptly to minimize or avert problems
- Ability to perform basic Life Support
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Radiography from a recognized college or university.
- Registration with the Council for Professions Related to Medicine of Trinidad and Tobago
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Radiographer II
- Primary Care Physician II
- Radiology personnel
- Other members of the health care team
- Patients and Relatives
- Personnel in other Regional Health Authorities
- Equipment Suppliers / Service Providers
- Regulatory Board
DIVISION: SANGRE GRANDE HOSPITAL - NARIVA/MAYARO - ST. ANDREW/ST. DAVID
Date posted: Oct 15, 2020 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: Oct 29, 2020 |