Applications are hereby invited for the position of Quantitative Analyst (Non-Management Grade 7), Economic Research Unit.
The incumbent will be responsible for hypothesizing and constructing financial and econometric models to aid in providing insights into the economies in which the First Citizens Group operates. He/she will also be responsible for formulating economic forecasts to support strategy within the various lines of business in the Group through rigorous and robust data-driven analyses.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Authors technical reports and complex research papers, which analyses economic parameters and trends to produce reader-friendly reports. Ensure all published data meet the standard criteria of objectivity and reliability
- Develops and comments on the modelling and technical designs of existing systems and recommend enhancements to systems under development or being curently utilized
- Initiates exploratory research and generate research ideas and research questions (hypothesis) on economic issues in the countries in which the Group operates. Employs appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to construct economic models and make recommendations accordingly
- Creates tools to build technical capacity within department and to improve effectiveness of output by identifying manual processes to automate. Conducts research into and recommend best practices in relation to statistical techniques and technologies to maintain relevance and accuracy
- Provides data-driven analysis to relevant Business Units through robust data mining and rigorous statistical investigation to aid in formulating strategy
- Prepares internal reports and ensure all deadlines are met, including Board and other relevant committee reports, which require economic environmental scans/ forecasts and other input. Prepares periodic publications that are economics-related, which contain elements of economic modelling
- Develops, tests and recommends models that generate economic scenarios to be used in formulating strategy. Recommends appropriate quantitative analytical techniques to analyze economic relationships and examine real-world applications relevant to the First Citizens Group
- Undertakes research papers and other special projects that aere policy-oriented and present at suitable domestice or regional seminars, conferences and other forums
- Facilitates internal presentations on relevant topics to help build technical capacity with the Group
- Proactivelys identify problems regarding data deficiencies and/ or other economic issues and develop solutions that are grounded in economic theory and robust research designs
- Establishs contacts with key officials in the public and private sectors and maintain working relationships in the execution of duties
- Performs all other duties, assignments and special projects as assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science
- Three (3) years progressive experience in the field of Quantitative Research, with knowledge of Economic theory
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to write client reports and research articles for the First Citizens Group
- Strong working knowledge and application of statistical techniques to derive relationships and useful data patterns
- Experience building, organizing and analyzing large data sets.
- The ability to comprehend and communicate academic literature in finance, economics and statistics.
- Strong financial market interest, knowledge and experience.
- The ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts to a broad audience
- Knowledge of the Group’s Operating Software Systems, Products and Services
Posting online: 19-Mar-2020 | Deadline: Not updated | Unposting: 9-Apr-2020