The Quality Auditor will report to the ManagerQuality. 5. NATURE & SCOPE The Quality Auditor is responsible for the development and implementation of the Monitoring and Audit System of the Quality Management Programme of the Authority.
The Quality Auditor:
- Prepares the implementation plan for the Quality Monitoring system.
- Develops and implements Quality Monitoring instruments for the Quality Management Programme.
- Conducts Assessments and Quality Audits.
- Identify area for policies and procedures development and/or quality improvements.
- Reviews national policies and standards documents and ensure the development of appropriate practice standards and audit tools.
- Ensures that the unit(s) are meeting approved standards of care.
- Performs related duties as may be required by the approved Authority.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with proven high levels of communication and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Quality and Audit Management skills.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- First Degree in a Health or Social Services discipline from a recognized University.
- Certified training in Quality Assurance and/or Auditing.
- Certificate in Applied Quality Management will be an asset.
- At least three (3) years experience in a similar job position.
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any suitable combination of training and experience.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Manager-Hospital Administration
- Medical Director
- All Heads of Departments
- Other Regional Health Authorities
- Ministry of Health
- Training Agencies
DIVISION HEAD OFFICE
Deadline for submission of applications: 26 November, 2020.