Monitors and verifies that quality activities are in line with control procedures.
Compiles, analyzes, and distributes performance reports and process control statistics.
Maintains and disseminates defect documentation and logs. Applies complete knowledge, skills, and practices to perform assignments.
Participates in the technical design, development, and implementation of application systems. Applies complete knowledge, skills, and practices to perform assignments.
Responsible for test case creation and execution, maximizing automation (Low/Medium complexity).
Responsible for maximizing test coverage and using business analysis techniques to optimize testing activities for areas and applications in scope of the tech currency project.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Caribbean is seeking to hire a QE Analyst for our Tech Currency Labs. You will be responsible for test strategies, effective planning, executing, and tracking of automated and non-automated tests for testing required to keep our applications current, compliant and functioning through automation.
You will be accountable for driving quality and champion defect prevention/early defect detection via test automation and maximizing test coverage. The goal always will be to ensure we automate as much as possible across RBC Caribbean applications
What will you do?
- Engage through test planning, test conditions/scripts, test execution, test validation sign off and any post implementation activity during warranty.
- Support automation testing initiatives within assigned Agile lab and squads to ensure automation testing is embraced within the team and add value to our stakeholders.
- Closely work with automation team on the new or maintain existing automated test scripts and add value to team’s goal under the direction of overall QE vision and strategy
- Create QE deliverables including and not limit to test plan, test cases and also create and maximize automation for all project deliverables (functional/non-functional testing)
- Supports execution of operational frameworks, processes and tools, and utilization of organizational change management practices and review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Effectively communicates and builds synergy with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from project/program initiation to close.
- Responsible for overall quality of testing deliverables/activities (Create QE deliverables including but not limit to test plan, test cases and automation support documents.) and leverages the existing automation frameworks, tools and artefacts to ensure testing process is continuous, comprehensive and fully autonomous.
- Closely work with the LOB’s Application Development team as one unified team to integrate quality engineering mindset/concepts within the DevOps framework/pipeline.
- Work with QE Automation Team and Solution Architects across LOB to identify E2E application architecture changes to drive QE strategies during testing and liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, business analysts and project managers) for project status updates
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science Degree; Computer Science and typically requires 2-3 years of QE related experience in test automation.
- Good knowledge of Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application support and development.
- Good knowledge with QE Processes, Methodologies and Test Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA, qTest and Confluence.
- Experience with Iterative Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies. Experience in test case design at different levels (component/service/APIs, integration, mobile, end to end/user scenarios) and non-functional testing
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, SQL, Selenium, Python and Cucumber and good knowledge of industry practices with focus on Agile, DevOps, environments and test integration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a QE/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Minimum 3 years of development experience working on the latest technologies and framework.
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills with strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out of the box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approach in critical timelines.
- QA related certification. E.g. ISTQB, Agile testing, Mobile Testing etc.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma or equivalent experience(e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying)
- Experience with Identify and Access Management and cyber security concepts. Working experience with tools like sailpoint, OKTA, CyberArk etc.
- Any experience with tools like AWS, Azure will be an added advantage
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Application Deadline: 2023-04-21-07:00
Receive updates & notifications from Caribbean Opus