The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the RBC Caribbean Digital applications and products meets quality standards. This includes working with the engineering team to identify, prioritize, and resolve quality issues.
RBC Caribbean is seeking to hire a QE Analyst for our Digital Applications. You will be responsible for test strategies, effective planning, executing, and tracking of automated and non-automated tests for RBC Caribbean’s Digital Applications (macOS, iOS, Android, Mobilizer, .net, Angular, etc.).
You will be working with the LOB’s Application Development team to ensure that the end to end test plan and test strategy is risk based and that it satisfies the business requirement while ensuring the quality of the implementation, including measure defect leakages and assist in root cause analysis. You will support the QE Lead in providing test effort estimations, documentations and status reporting, maintain the master test plan and report issues and blockers early on in the project or program. You will also support and coordinate the remediation of issues with all required stakeholders and manages testing timelines, to align with project or program goals. Collaborates and shares knowledge while coordinating the efforts of multiple test teams.
You will be accountable for driving quality and champion defect prevention/early defect detection via test automation and maximizing test coverage. The goal always will be to ensure we automate as much as possible across RBC Caribbean Digital Applications.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Engage through test planning, test conditions/scripts, test execution, test validation sign off and any post implementation activity during warranty.
- Support automation testing initiatives within assigned Agile lab and squads to ensure automation testing is embraced within the team and add value to our stakeholders.
- Closely work with automation team on the new or maintain existing automated test scripts and add value to team’s goal under the direction of overall QE vision and strategy
- Create and maximize automation for all project deliverables (functional/non-functional testing)
- Supports execution of operational frameworks, processes and tools, and utilization of organizational change management practices
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create QE deliverables including but not limit to test plan, test cases
- Effectively communicates and builds synergy with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from project/program initiation to close.
- Responsible for overall quality of testing deliverables/activities (Create QE deliverables including but not limit to test plan, test cases and automation support documents.).
- Leverages the existing automation frameworks, tools and artefacts to ensure testing process is continuous, comprehensive and fully autonomous.
- Closely work with the LOB’s Application Development team as one unified team to integrate quality engineering mindset/concepts within the DevOps framework/pipeline.
- Work with QE Automation Team and Solution Architects across LOB to identify E2E application architecture changes to drive QE strategies during testing.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, business analysts and project managers) for project status updates
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Bachelor of Science Degree; Computer Science
- Typically requires 2-3 years of QE related experience in test automation.
- Good knowledge of Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application support and development.
- Good knowledge with QE Processes, Methodologies and Test Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA, qTest and Confluence.
- Experience with Iterative Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.Experience in test case design at different levels (component/service/APIs, integration, mobile, end to end/user scenarios) and non-functional testing
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out of the box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approach in critical timelines.
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, SQL, Selenium, Python and Cucumber
- Good knowledge of industry practices with focus on Agile, DevOps, environments and test integration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a QE/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Minimum 3 years of development experience working on the latest technologies and framework.
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills.
- QA related certification. E.g. ISTQB, Agile testing, Mobile Testing etc.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma or equivalent experience(e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying)
- Experience with Identify and Access Management and cyber security concepts. Working experience with tools like sailpoint, OKTA, CyberArk etc.
- Any experience with tools like AWS, Azure will be an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 08/12/2022