To provide business intelligence, coaching and project development support aimed primarily at capacity building in the sustainable energy and cleantech industries.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To make inputs to the preparation of the business plans for the start-up incubatees.
- To provide assistance and support for a portfolio of programmes and projects as determined by the Cluster Manager in keeping with annual objectives of the Bloom Cleantech Cluster Business Plan.
- To participate in fund raising campaigns and pitching events in association with Bloom Cluster and the organization.
- To provide coaching and mentoring services to targeted incubatees and SMEs for the purpose of development of successful business plans in association with management team of the client companies.
- To formulate and implement business development and market studies, start-up development projects and programmes for promoting and assisting new sustainable energy and Cleantech enterprises and expansion of existing businesses.
- To activate and foster University-Industry collaboration in research and development and commercialization of cleantech innovations through organizing donor and private sector financing.
- To identify and generate market demand through organizing matching opportunities and investor events between technology start-ups, SMEs and clients.
- To keep abreast of trends and developments in the Cleantech and sustainable energy sectors worldwide to offer advice to the local community on best practice.
- To identify and promote possibilities for joint ventures and projects with other cleantech sectors.
- To identify sources of venture capital and risk financing opportunities for the business incubates and start-ups and to provide technical assistance in preparation of investor materials and to organize access to risk financing.
- Cooperates with UNIDO on the expansion of the BLOOM Cluster Program under the Global Network of Regional Sustainable Energy Centres (GN-SEC).
- To provide administration support for the Cluster Management team in stakeholders’ engagement, marketing and project management.
- To undertake any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-Graduate degree in business administration, economics, engineering or energy technology with a focus on entrepreneurship, innovation management or leadership. Additional qualifications in green/blue economy, renewable energy technology and mitigation of climate change will be an asset.
Technical and Functional Experience:
- At least 5 – 8 years of working experience with project planning, business development, marketing and economic/business research.
- Proven work experience in public-private sector collaboration in renewable energy and cleantech sector.
- Proven track record in delivering business advisory services for the start-ups and/or SMEs.
- Evidence on the impacts of delivered business advisory services for the clients.
- Proven knowledge of business planning methodologies and strategy and coaching tools.
- Proven knowledge in risk financing instruments and investment life-cycle in start-ups.
- Knowledge and exposure to latest green energy and Cleantech business trends is an added value.
Application letter, résumé and the names and contact details of two referees should be submitted, via email, no later than December 10, 2021