The successful candidate will be:-
• Responsible for co-ordinating the Technical aspects of all work to be undertaken by BTI in connection with the execution of the Urban Rehabilitation Programme and the company's property development activities, including:
• Co-ordinating the preparation of preliminary and detailed designs, working drawings, specifications. Bills of Quantities, Tender Documents and time schedules of projects:
• Overseeing the process of procurement of Consulting Services and Contractors:
• Supervising the Consultants responsible for Contract Supervision to ensure that projects are completed to standard. on time and within budget:
• Reviewing technical work done by Consultants and Contractors and providing advice thereon to BTI's management:
• When required. supervising the work of Contractors:
• Liaising with the relevant Covernment Ministries and/or Agencies with regard to the Programme's execution,
• Expediting the achievement of targets set for projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The requirements for the position are:-
• A Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or a related discipline from a recognised University or an equivalent qualification from an approved institution plus ten (10) years' experience since graduation:
• Post-graduate training in either one of the disciplines mentioned above.
• At least five (5) years' experience in successful Project Management and in the supervision of construction contracts:
• Computer literacy:
• Familiarity with the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) Conditions of Contract:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
The successful candidate's remuneration will be commensurate with his or her qualifications and experience.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and the names of two (2) references should be submitted on or before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday January 14, 2021.