To be responsible for the overall management and financial control of all projects under his/her purview, ensuring adherence to project management policies and procedures and ensures that projects meet all time and budget specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement management structure on new projects.
- Perform a comprehensive review of all designs and specifications to ensure Client needs are met.
- Develop and review project budgets, and schedules for new construction projects enabling projects to be on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure that contract conditions and specifications are maintained in order to achieve high standards of workmanship on all projects.
- Develop and negotiate competitive pricing and solicit bids for projects.
- Review and coordinate the architectural plan approvals and permitting process.
- Direct the activities of General Contractors to perform on budget and on time.
- Approve expenditure of sums identified in the bill of quantities and approving variations
- Chair all Site meetings.
- Travel to sites to review construction progress, identify BOQ list items, communicate progress and issue timely feedback with management guidelines.
- Provide project specific variations to relevant manager.
- Effectively communicate construction schedule changes to the head office, outside vendors, and field associates to establish an accurate construction schedule and reporting.
- Update Project Schedule and provide weekly status.
- Maintain all construction related job files and job book for all construction projects
- Travel to project sites to perform site visits.
- Manage and review close out packages and related information sent from outside contractors and consultants.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments.
- Implement and maintain computer-based systems, relevant to civil engineering works and project management.
- Source new projects.
- Manage day-to-day functioning of Site Control Officers.
- Coordinate the work of consultants.
- Determine the scope of consultancy contracts and financial arrangements pertinent to the commissioning of consultants.
- Perform any other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying or any other related field with post graduate qualification in either project or construction management.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in project planning and implementation in the building and construction industry.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven leadership experience.
- Routinely demonstrate and create a helpful and positive work culture.
- Encourage and build positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers and Service personnel.
- Ability to provide and support a vision and direction.
- Quick thinking and easily adaptable to changing needs of the project.
- Ability to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams with understanding and guidance
- Supervise and communicate with people at various training levels.
- Ability to evaluate, allocate and motivate people.
- An unblemished record of ethical behaviour and integrity.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Standards set in relation to the Department’s business plan, strategic objectives and budgets.
- NIPDEC’s policies and procedures.
- Established professional standards, industry best practice and statutory
Date posted: January 8, 2021 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: January 29, 2021 |